Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bleeding rinses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crimsonvixen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsonvixen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleeding rinses
    Posted: October 22 2004 at 4:29pm
I currently have a jet black rinse in my hair and I love it, but it bleeds and stains my nails when I wash my hair. I also have a friend who has a black rinse and her's doesn't bleed at all! She said her hairdresser put some kind of protector on her hair to stop the bleeding and keep the color a little longer. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 10:58pm
I didn't know rinses stained your nails. I'm thinking of getting one. Do they stain your skin also? Otherwise maybe you could put on some clear nail polish when you wash your hair.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
crimsonvixen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsonvixen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 2:13am
The rinses do stain your skin, but that comes off fairly easily with soap and water. The rinse stains the polish on my nails, not my actual nail. This serves as a big problem because I get a manicure every two weeks and it kind of defeats the purpose if the polish turns purple. I just want to know if there is something out there that will hold the color longer and reduce some of the bleeding
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic