Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maxiglide hair straightener

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttaylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maxiglide hair straightener
    Posted: October 30 2004 at 1:35pm
Has anyone tried the Maxiglide by Maxius ceramic flat iron? I have seen it on one of the home shopping networks and it is supposed to use moisture (steam) to help straighten the hair. They had both white and black models demonstrating the product. Once you wash your hair you can hair dry it and then use the flat iron to straighten. I went ahead and ordered it, but I have not received it yet. I can't seem to find any reviews on it anywhere on the Internet. Some feedback would be helpful. Thanks
kuuipo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuuipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 3:56pm
I ordered this and got it yesterday. I used it this morning and it is awesome. I didn't believe it but it really works.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 7:56pm
ttaylor, do you mean you can airdry your hair or blowdry? you said hair dry.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 11:45am
I have been looking for reviews for this product. I have course chemically processed hair and I have yet to see a review from a person with my type of hair. I would like to know does this product work before I buy it.
leale
kuuipo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuuipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 3:18pm
I have a lot of frizzie hair and it is colored treated. However, I don't consider my hair to be course and it is not chemically treated (permed or straighten using chemicals). But wanted to let you know that I got his product a few weeks ago and it really works. I have people at work commenting on how straight my hair is. They think I had it done professionally. My hair is a lot longer since it is straighten.
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 4:22pm
Thanks kuuipo for your response. I am going to go ahead and order the maxiglider, besides it comes with a 30 day money back gauruntee.
Marine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 10:54pm
I recently got one and it is the best and last a long time!!! I love it and can't stop telling everyone about it. I've ordered other products and nothing worked for my hair - normally w/black hair it's tough to find something non-damaging.

I have thick, medium coarse shoulder-lenght hair that I used to have to blowdry and then go back with the curling iron to straighten the ends and curl it. This was so easy to use and my hair looked healthy! I'd HIGHLY recommend it to anyone thinking about ordering one!

Great board! Just found it tonight!!!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 5:28pm
Marine, is your hair natural or relaxed?
Marine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 11:35pm
My hair is relaxed but still thick. And the fact that the last relaxer 2 weeks ago didn't take doesn't help matters. My sister who has natural hair used it this morning and it worked beautifully on her hair. We did find a spray to protect the hair from hot appliances. It is by Proclaim and called Hot Thermal Styler Spray. Not sticky at all and great shine.
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 6:03pm
I just receivd my maxiglide and it is great. I have not relaxed my hair in months and it extremely kinky, but when I used the maxiglide it looks like I've just relaxed my hair. My hair is extremely soft and shiney, but I am worried about the long term use of this product. Can somebody who has used the maxiglide for over three months tell me how they are doing with it.
leale
MT View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 1:49pm
The maxiglide is Great, with a capital G! I ordered it last month and it is the first thing that has gotten my hair bone-straight. I have very textured hair and I did not think it would turn out this wonderful. It does exactly what it promises. It's a 5 star product.
Kim J. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 10:49am
I got mine on Friday and used it yesterday. It
worked very well. I din''''''''t even blow dry or comb out my extremely thick natural hair. I just air dryed it before using the Maxiglide.
Kim J. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 10:50am
I got mine on Friday and used it yesterday. It
worked very well. I didn't even blow dry or comb out my extremely thick natural hair. I just air dryed it before using the Maxiglide.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 5:07pm
Hey, how much was the Maxiglider? Can it just be purchased on television or has anyone found it anywhere else? I've never used a flat iron but I want to transition to it. This one sounds like a winner.
Kim J. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 7:12pm
Miss Neci View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Neci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 9:27pm
Is there anyone with truly natural African-American hair that has tried this product? I cut my relaxed hair off a year ago so now my hair is 100% natural and I have not had it straightened in any manner during the year. I have very coarse hair, so I would just like to know if this straightener would work on my hair. I saw a demonstration on TV with a black woman, but her hair is thick & curly but not think & kinky like mine. I love my natural hair but just would like to go straight to change it up.

Any responses are appreciated.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 4:20pm
I think Kim J. has natural hair. But I heard it breaks your hair off.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 8:18pm
wow, 75$ I guess I should put that on my Christmas list!!!
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Kim J. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2004 at 8:41pm
Yes, my hair is natural. I didn't see any breakage but I can foresee it if you were to use the plate with the metal teeth first if your hair if very tangled. The instructions suggest that you go over your hair with the smooth plates first if you hair is very tangled. I did this using big sections first.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic