Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it good if I dont use anything in my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlackBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it good if I dont use anything in my hair?
    Posted: November 21 2004 at 7:31pm
Im black and have African American hair is it good if I dont put anything in my hair. I wash my hair once a week then I let it air dry then I put it in a ponytail do you think thats why the back of my hair falls out? Sometimes i'll put oil sheen on my hair so it doesn't look so dry. My hair is thick and long (2-3 inches past my shoulders) but it seems like no matter what I do the back just breaks off and it ends up shorter than the front of my hair. I use a deep conditioner when I wash it and use detangler and an a treatment for my ends so they wont get split real bad but the back still falls out. Could it be the ponytails I where all the time? My mom and my aunts say it is but I dont think so because most of my friends hair is almost to their butt and some of us have the same texture hair and all they do is wear their hair in ponytails. By the way I have relaxed hair and if everything I try doesn't work then Im cutting off my hair and going natural, so it can grow healthy.

PLEASE HELP ME!
tekisha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 8:28am
I dont think its good at all, that you dont use anything on your hair, I have many beauticians in my family and they all say at least grease your scalp or put some type of light oil on your hair. Also when you put your hair in a ponytail, try not to use rubber bands, they pull at the hair...hope this helps :)
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 8:42am
You need to use some type of moisturizer daily such as profectiv daily leave-in strengthener or elasta qp manago butter. You need to use some type of oil at least 1 to 2 times a week- profectiv makes a good 3 n1 oil for breakage and olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil are all great as well. I hope this helps you on your path to achieve greater length. the ends treatmens are great, glad that you are doing them. Try wearing loose buns, bantu knots, braids or other protective styles from time to time instead of a ponytail all of the time. That ponytail is just asking for trouble and if i may suggest a book-The 2003 edition- The black woman's guide to beautiful, healthier hair in 6 weeks by carolyn gray.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 11:32am
I don't know if it good for you to not use anything in your hair but I did have the same problem of my hair fallin out in the back. I played sports and I always pulled my hair into a ponytail. The reason tha t my hair came out is because I pulled my hair into the same ponytail at the the same spot everday. When you wear your ponytail try not to pull the hair and alternate where you put your ponytail.
leale
Nappy_Cherokee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nappy_Cherokee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 8:36pm
give your hair an alternative, try something different than just a ponytail..put elasta qp mango butter on your ends and that should stop the breakage
Don't be mad cause he claim me,
only thug in the hood that was wild
enough to tame me...Im like glass
you just a coaster bitch, under me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic