Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone tried Dark & Lovely Honey Blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried Dark & Lovely Honey Blonde?
    Posted: December 15 2004 at 4:09pm
I'm thinking of using this colour on my friend's hair. Her natural colour is dark warm brown. It's completely un-processed and really healthy. She wants to go a couple of shades lighter without bleaching. I know if we try to lighten her hair too much it's going to turn orange and then we'll be faced with finding a way to tone that down. Does this Honey Blonde shade work well or does it tend to result in orange?

P.S. I'm definitely going to strand test before I put anything on her entire head of hair. I'm just looking for a starting point. If Honey Blonde isn't the way to go, do you have any other suggestions? She'd be happy with a light golden brown. Basically, she just wants her hair as light as possible without ending up with orange hair.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 4:58pm
I think this is what my friend used. She had black hair and I think it came out orangish but her ends were already orangeish from dying before so it blended. The roots weren't as orange though.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 7:53pm
Thanks for answering my post, Layla. Was your friend really unhappy with the results she got or was it just the ends that looked bad?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 10:37pm
She seemed happy with it. It didn't look bad it looked like a golden brown but the ends were a bit orange.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 4:06am
Thanks so much. I think I'll go ahead and buy a box of it.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 12:36pm
OH no don't listen to me. I have the worst memory ever her hair could've been orange. But she did have black hair so your friends hair wouldn't get as orange as hers right?
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 6:58pm
Please tell your friend (if she decides to get her hair colored) that if she ever decides to chemicaly process her hair that you can never and must never perm a color. the saying goes "You can color a perm but you can't perm a color.
leale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 7:14pm
Good advice; I'll warn her. She really likes her hair natural, though. I doubt she'd want to perm it. By the way, we decided not to go with Dark 'N Lovely. I got a Feria High-Lift Brown instead. We're going to try it this weekend.

Thanks again for the advice. I really hope I don't screw up her hair.
SCunni5590 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCunni5590 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 10:29am
I have black hair and I use dark and lovely honey blonde and it comes out nicely. It isn't orane either. I also don't have a perm or have never had one. So if you decided to color it is a nice one.
tesseract and amethyst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesseract and amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 8:58pm
Hey Juliana, how did it turn out?
Relaxed 4b/4a (right side only)
Big Chop 11-6-04
Goals: healthy hair, then growth to
terminal length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 9:37pm
It's pretty amazing, actually. I was so scared because I would have felt horrible if I screwed up her hair. (I've screwed up my own hair before, but that's fine; I had no one to blame but myself.) Anyway, we used Feria Hi-Lift Brown in Coolest Brown. It's a warmer colour than the photo on the box, but it's a pretty warmth (prettier than the colour on the box). It's a light brown with a hint of gold -- gorgeous! Her hair still looks healthy too. She's really happy with it and I'm so relieved.
tesseract and amethyst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesseract and amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 2:42pm
Excellent! I am happy for you both.
Relaxed 4b/4a (right side only)
Big Chop 11-6-04
Goals: healthy hair, then growth to
terminal length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic