Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Growth
    Posted: December 29 2004 at 11:09pm
I would suggest that you work on retaining lenght by not over exposing your hair by wearing it down to frequently.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Porsche19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porsche19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 11:22pm
There are a lot of things that can make your hair break off.

How are you caring for your hair when it's in the braids? How do you care for it when they aren't in? Do you overprocess your hair, do you use a lye or no-lye relaxer? In order to pinpoint the reasons why your hair is breaking off, then I'd have to know exactly what you are doing with it.

It's normal for hair to grow at different rates in different spots.
Nymphe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nymphe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 7:58pm
First of all, your hair is not weird--it is unique to you and we all have hair quirks to deal with. As far as one side growing faster than the other, different people have different sections with varying rates of growth--perfectly normal!

Second, the focus should not be on growth--retaining your length should be. Your hair is always growing so breakage is the problem and the key to solving that is moisture. What would be the point of having fast-growing hair if it breaks frequently?

What is your routine with and without braids? If your strands are thin/fine like mine, braids can cause more harm than good if worn for more than a month. You may need a good protein treatment every 6 weeks.

I do not perm my hair so one of the other ladies will be better at advice. Here is a site to check out: http://growafrohairlong.com/
lovilybutterfly@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovilybutterfly@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 3:47pm
Hello everyone,
I have some wierd ass hair..It seems to grow alot when it is braided up and seems like I take it down and perm it or anything it starts coming out a few weeks later. i was told not to perm for a week or two afterwards but it still comes out a few days later....i want to know what can I do...Also when it it's briaded up it seems that the left side grows way faster than the right side.....have any of you discovered a product that will make your hair grow and keep it growing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic