Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help out a kid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ching Ching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help out a kid
    Posted: January 17 2005 at 2:25pm
um.....and how would I go about doiing this?

thanks for all this info........

edit: i just found out I could use apple cider vinager.....

so I clarify then emu oil my scalp?
they also reccemend folligen.....but ill try that jojo stuff too
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 10:15am
Emu oil is emu oil. If you go to the ingredients page, you'll find that their emu oil has vitamin E added to it, both as a preservative and a marketing ploy. Don't spend your money at that site. If you're buying emu oil from Camden-Grey, you should also buy jojoba there (we've suggested you use this on your hair before).

Have you clarified yet to remove your silicone buildup?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 2:29am
jojoba?
oh and thanks for the new site...I wonder if its the same emu oil they said in the site....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 8:48pm
Holy cow, is that site expensive!

If you want to use emu oil on your hair, you should buy it from Camden-Grey Essential Oils. They also have the vitamin E antioxidant, too.

http://www.essentialoil.net/

Emu oil is poultry fat, you know. Almost any oil is good for the hair in moderation. Have you got your jojoba yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 6:12pm
i just found out a site called skin biology and they say that emu oil can help me....any ideas?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 4:57pm
then I must have not read all of it....i was always in a hurry......
guess now im payen for it huh.....

i tried contacting the company and no response....damnit.....its amazing on how noone wants/can help me in person.....i know im not the first person on the planet to have this problem
lol

o well thanks for the luck
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:05pm
Right, leave in conditioners mean u LEAVE THEM IN WITHOUT RINSING OUT, that sounds like a deep conditioner that u have. I have never heard of a perm that didnt tell u to base your scalp or your edges.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 9:26am
That must not be a leave-in conditioner you have. It's either a rinse out conditioner or a deep conditioner.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 8:07am
Good Luck.............
DiamondPrincess   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 9:08pm
i just cut it short.....no gel...just short
i figure it would be healthier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 8:34pm
What kind of styles do you wear?

A dermatologist is a physician and went to school to study hair, skin and nails so a dermatologist would be able to help you out alot better than a regular physician.
DiamondPrincess   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 7:24pm
A dermatologist is a physician.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 7:10pm
also.....there is no history of Male patter baldness in my family......they have some baldness but im talking about losing it at like 40-50

anyone know what I can do about the hairs that fell out in clumps? .....
Ive been trying to beef up on my protein intake.....
anyone know anyone that would know of such a situation? ......on the instructions.....it said contact a physican.....what can they do a dermo cant?

once again thanks for all the help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 7:05pm
alright......i dont think it did say to use vasoline in the instructions.....and the leave in conditioner tells me to use it for 5 mins then rinse.....I dont think Im supposed to leave it in all night

and yeah thats pretty much all I do...(what do you mean protect my hair at night?)
im goiing to see another dermotologist to get another opinion.....hopefully this one knows something or two.....

and I dont think my hair was thinning....I had crazy thick hair beofre all this.....as I was misusing this crap.....i realized all the problems I have now....
my whole head was thin/dry/brittle.....the only thick hair that seems to be unchanged were my sideburns area.....but now the whole sides and back of my head are up to par as how it once was......my hairline also has allot of hairs growing back too out of nowhere.....it seems that it is getting better in sections.....that odd?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 9:46am
I think that you need to find a good moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and some sort of protein treatment. Are you using any moisturizers (Elasta QP Mango Butter,Elasta QP Recovery) on your hair? Do you use any oils? Are you just shampooing and using a leave in? Maybe you should try washing your hair once/twice a week. The second one being a CO wash. What type of styles are you wearing? Do you use heat? Do you protect your hair at night?
DiamondPrincess   

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 9:38am
why weren't u basing ( putting vaseline) on your scalp!? The instructions tell you to do so for a reason.

You use a leave in conditioner for 5 minutes? What does that mean? If it is a leave in, than you SHOULD be leaving it in.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 5:43am
You may have more than one problem, besides any weird problems leftover from relaxer damage to the scalp. Keep in mind that some possibility exists that your hair started thinning on its own during the period you were relaxing it, too. But you also may have a couple of problems that you can do something about. It doesn't seem that you're moisturizing your hair at all, and it sounds like you're using way too much silicone without clarifying the buildup.

Your leave-in and the Garnier Fructis both contain loads of silicones. They are designed to put a shiny glaze on your hair, which may or may not be protective. But they basically have no moisturizing properties and can build up on your hair to the point that it gets crunchy and breaks off.

What you should do is rinse your hair regularly (at least weekly) with a solution of 1 cup vinegar in 1 quart warm water. If you continue to use those products, you should continue the use of vinegar rinses indefinitely.

Heat cap treatment with light oils (like coconut or macadamia), including volatile essential oils (like orange oil) will also remove buildup, while allowing oils to penetrate dry hair.

You also need to use a conditioner that contains no silicones, which can be identified by the ending "-cone" on the ingredients list.

Also, get some jojoba, which can be purchased online or in a natural food store. A couple of drops spread across the fingers and worked into the hair (either wet or dry) will make it silkier and tangle-free.

Try these things, and let us know how they work. I think you will see an immediate improvement in how your hair feels, and over a period of months you should see your new growth start to return to normal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:14pm
hhmm....I uses a leave in conditioner that says it restores and restucters....
use it almost everyday for 5 mins.....dont really know what the mayo will do for me that the conditioner cant but im game for anything....

I just came back from a dermotologist and she said she cant really tell me anything without doiing a biopsy in which they would have to cut a dime piece of flesh from my head to see what the condition the roots were in.....I declined.....lol last thing I need is a scar on my head and stiches...

ive been eating allot of beef jerky/raw eggs and milk for protein ...seems to be working to my advantage a bit....
ive been trying to keep away from alochol products and other than that....shampoo about every other day with that Garnie fructis or something like that to make my hair "3 times" stronger lol

either way...thanks for the help everyone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:45am
What other products do you use on your hair?

Shampoo
Conditioner
Moisturizers
Oils
ETC

When you use the mayo in your hair make sure to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner so that you won't experience anymore breakage.
DiamondPrincess   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ching Ching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 3:36am
hhmm alright ill try the mayo thing.....
I havent really tried anything because I dont know what I should be using......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic