Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bantu Knots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bantu Knots
    Posted: January 10 2005 at 9:16am
Can someone tell me the how to's to Bantu knots or would it be best to get them done at the salon? I want some about like Jada's in The Matrix.
DiamondPrincess   

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 9:19am
I'd like to know too. I tried to do them out of a hair book but it didn't work. http://www.naani.com/bantu_zulu_knots.htm Oh my sister did this style on me when I was 10.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 9:22am
Thanks for the website it is very informative!!
DiamondPrincess   

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 9:26am
your welcome. maybe i should've looked around the site, i just read the instructions for bantu knots.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:56pm
You take a portion of your hair and twist it. Continue to twist it until it begans to twirl around itself and then wrap it ( as if you are styling a bun) then secure the ends at the base or bobbypin or use mini scrunches to keep it in place
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 10:09pm
I have my hair in bantu knots right now. I wanted to try them in order to take heat off my hair. After washing and conditioning, I spritzed my hair with leave-in conditioner and them alittle moisturizer. Before I twisted, I used alittle olive oil on the ends. I took them out this morning and left it curly. They look really good and they don't feel dry at all.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 9:29am
Sound good, I'm glad you enjoy them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic