Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What length are u trying to achieve??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 10:49am

1st goal.....shoulder

2nd goal....brastrap

sweet like honey!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 11:49am
I think mine grows about 1" a month.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:01am

Great goals. I agree that the first step is getting your hair healthy and seeing what it thrives on. My hair likes carrot creams and oils. I wish I knew that a few years ago.

Missfro, there are some good long hair styles. Your can braid it at night and let it loose for a wavy look. You can do french braids and twists. Side ponytails, buns, braidouts....your options are limitless!!

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 7:01pm

Well my first goal was to get my hair back in good health. I have accomplished that, by reading several books, this site and the LHCF. I also bought and bough tons of products and found out what my hair really like.. Nexxus. pricey stuff but I love it. My second hair goal is to grow my hair out a few inches past my shohulders, its at the nape of my neck in the back, and in all kinda different layers in the front. I got my hair cut into a style I don't even wear now.. oh well It should be long enough to get most of them trimmed out at the end of the summer!

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Mrs.Robertson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 5:24pm
My goal is to have waist length natural hair and beyond
3c/4a- HairType
Hair Growth Challenge and Healthy Eating Challenge Start's 04-11-2005
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:27pm

i want to grow mine to elbow length , that would be good if i can achieve it .. but my hair grows really slow and by the time i get to that length i think my hair would need a major trimming job

how can i avoid that , plus it seems that there isn't much can be done with log hair regarding tyles , any ideas girls ? have tried to use curling gel for wet looks but it just stayed straight as it is

ceceney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceceney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 12:39pm
i just cut mine. i want it to grow out past my shoulders
Trust God; He holds the key to your future.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 3:31pm

I measured my hair, from the center of my scalp down to the longest points.  It's like 12 inches, which is about shoulder length.  Bra strap length on me will be about 20 inches; waist length will be around 26. 

I hope my ends are still in decent shape by the time it grows that long...

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 11:52am
Sounds like majority of us want to at least reach bra-strap length. I want to also, but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet although I don't have too far to go. I think I'll just think of my first goal to my shoulder blades. I also have to stop wanting to measure my hair. If I keep it up, I can't measure it so that's what I'm trying to do. My scanner is screwy but I'm going to try and upload some pictures.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 11:23am
I think mid back. I just pulled my hair the other day and the
back is at my shoulders, the front was at the tip of my nose. I
don't know when I'll get there, but thats what I want.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 6:33am
1st goal - Shoulders
2nd goal - Bra Strap
DiamondPrincess   

Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 6:22pm
I wanted bra-strap length, but I should reach that in about a year and a half if my current growth continues. I think that I'm going to go for waist length. That'll be fun.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
vickyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 6:10pm
Pencil me in for BSL as well. You know one of the reasons I joined this challenge is to try to keep myself from cutting my hair. I have this problem with not being satisfied with the current state of my hair whatever it is. If its short, i want long. When my hair reaches a bit past shoulder length, i want a cut. Hopefully being a part of the board will help curb my tendency to change. Although, I haven't really curbed my pj-ism
"And this too shall pass."
JadeGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 4:46pm
My hair growth goal to reach bra-strap length also. I have a serious challenge ahead of me in that I have been wearing my hair natural for the last 3 years, and due to all the different styles and changes I've done, my hair is only about 2" long. I figure it will take me at least 18-24 months to achieve the length I want. Wish me luck!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Pocahontas1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocahontas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 3:08pm
My hair is already about 5 1/2 inches past my collarbone, but I want it to grow down to my elbows. I love really long hair!
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 8:36pm
How fast would you say your hair grows each month? I have yet to know mine.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 9:42am
bsl for me as well. currently at back of nape area, 2 inches past the ear , and tip of the nose in the front.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 8:24am
I'd like to grow mine to bsl. I just grew it there and then I cut my hair to my shoulders.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 11:16pm
I was wondering if you ladies have a target length for your hair growth.

I cut my hair to above ear length a year and a half ago and looonged to have my long hair back. Now it is an inch past my shoulder in the back and I'm going for longer if I can. I don't know exactly how long, but I'll see how long I can grow it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic