Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's the hype about dominican hair products??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's the hype about dominican hair products??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the hype about dominican hair products??
    Posted: February 02 2005 at 11:46pm
Alot of women are making the switch not only to Dominican blow-outs but also products. I heard they are not only reasonably pried but they have really good ingredients and are good for the hair. Does anyone use them? If so, what kind and how does it work out for you? Can you buy it online??
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 12:06pm
DiamondPrincess   

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 8:42pm
I haven't used them yet. But i purchased the following items from sickbay and i am waiting for them to arrive: 3 ea (8oz) Capilo Honey and Milk Hair conditioner ($1.50 ea), 3 ea (8oz) Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Hair conditioner($1.50 ea), Kan Kanechomn Crystal Bath Deep Conditioning Cream-1000g-$15.50, Kan Kanechomn Jaborandi Deep Conditioning Cream-1000g-$15.50. Hope this helps you make your decision as to what to purchase.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 10:18pm
Thanks for the info. Carmeldiva, have you heard good things about the products or are you trying them out yourself? Either way, give me an update and let me know what you think.
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 7:02am
I want to try the:
Capilo Honey and Milk Hair Conditioner,Capilo Avocado Hair Conditioner
Capilo Avocado & Carrot Hair Conditioner
Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Hair Conditioner
Salerm 21
Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Hair Mask

I wonder able that whale sperm too. I see it's out of stock!

DiamondPrincess   

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 9:55am
Salerm 21 rocks!!!!!!! well, for my hair. Thats the only leave in conditioner ive used that doesnt dry out my hair. I also use star lacio lacio. I also use the lafier hair rinse
Da-Champ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da-Champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 4:42pm
The Lacio Lacio is great when drying your hair and roller setting.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 10:44pm
i use salerm 21 and lacio lacio to air dry
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2005 at 9:44pm
What kind of results do you get when you air dry with lacio? (I believe that means 'Long' in spanish if I'm correct.) I've been looking for something great to air dry with. Especially when i do my bantu knots.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 3:48pm
i'm trying them for myself. They should arrive on tuesday- i can't wait.
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 7:14pm
For the people that said these products are good:

What are yall hair type and length? b/c I want to try them too but don't want to overexperiment. I have 3a/b hair. Please help!

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 11:31am
i have 3c/4a hair type and salerm 21 works best for me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 2:06pm
i have 3c natural hair. I haven't been a permie since May 2003. Update: I have tried the Capilo sole & cinnamon hair conditioner and the Capilo Milk & Honey Hair conditioner. I loved both of them they made my hair very soft and it smelt good too. I love the way my hair looked and felt afterwards. I used them for my daily conditioner washes.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 4:41pm
Do you like the Honey and Milk better? I was just about to order some. I have 4 a/b hair though.
my3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 11:14pm
Is it a website for black folk to define hair type or is it the one that whites use too?
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 8:39am

Honey Doo, (Or anyone else)  Please describe what a Dominican blow-out is.

Thanks!

-Happy Hair Days
Kim
vickyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:40pm

Please describe what a Dominican blow-out is.

Though I have never had one done in a salon - my understanding of a Dominican blow out is -- Hair is first roller set and dried under a hood.  Then then rollers are removed and using a round brush and blow dryer, the stylist loosens the curls and straighten the hair at the root for hair that has tremendous body and movement. HTH

"And this too shall pass."
vickyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 2:34pm

I think much of the attention Dominican products get is based on their emphasis of conditioning the hair.  When you look for many lines there generally will be a shampoo, conditioner, cream rinse, and deep treatment.  Condition, condition, condition.

"And this too shall pass."
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:37am
I went ahead and ordered Salerm 21 and the Capilo Honey and Milk. It should get here soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:10pm
i liked both of them equally. I need to reorder some- maybe next month.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic