Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone trying to grow their hair out???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone trying to grow their hair out???
    Posted: February 20 2005 at 8:00pm
If so, what is your goal length and what are you doing to get there? Have you made good prgress yet, and if so, what did you do differently?
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Missaol View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missaol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 8:39pm
Hey! Yeah My goal is to get to my bra strap right now I'm at my sholder blades. What I'm doing to get ther is Braiding my hair and leaving it for 3 to 4 weeks. This includes box braids(not to tight or small) and Larger cornrows with weave. The number one thing I'm doing is keeping my hair trimmed. I used to be scared of the scissors but now I've found out that they are my best friend! So yeah thats what I'm doing to reach my goal and it semms to be working very well!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 9:10pm
My goal length is just a couple of inches. I am trying to trim my split ends and prevent them from coming back.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 10:26am
My goal length I guess would be brastrap, or angela davis fro or bigger. In the winter I wash my hair once a week, sometimes 2 times a week, put it in twists or protective style and then take them down the next week. I am trying to learn how to keep a style in for atleast 2 weeks but I never been able to do it. I big chopped in may with like 1.5 inches of hair and now the back is to my shoulders the sides is pass my chin.

Patience is my main key to getting there, eating healthy for over all health and just taking it one day at a time.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 1:00pm
I am. Right now my short term goal is should length- currently at back of neck-sides are two inches past ear and front is touching the tip of my nose. My long term goal is bra-strap length. I am progressing slowly but surely. I ordered a phony pony- so i'm going to give that a try, currently taking my vitamins still, moisturizing once a day, doing the baggie method at nite, condition washing, deep conditioning and shampooing weekly.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 11:07pm
I guess my goal is to grow it to see how long it can get since I never really tried the concept before and never took good care of my hair in the past but my main goal is to obtain even lenght all the way around. Right now it is pretty long about four inches above my bra strap in the back only. It really annoys me that the sides and top can't keep up. Part of the sides are past my shoulders but the front sides are only to my chin and shorter at the front most. The top middle is shortest. It seems to split more at the top I think because of the texture there.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 12:20am
Everyone has great hair goals! I think mine is about the same as most of you but I want to get my hair a bit below brastrap. Right now it is about an inch past my shoulders in the back and to my neck base in the front. My left side always grows faster so its a challenge but so far so good. I've been minimizing heat and doing the baggie method since the winter air near Lake Michigan is harsh. I lose alot of moisture when I'm out. I moisturize everyday and condition before and after I wash. I just found a great vitamin at Chinatown so I'll be adding that as well.

Hey, this is just a thought but did you ladies want to start a Grow Out Challenge?? We can check in monthly to see about our progress or problem areas, but also to offer support to those of us who are trying to reach a certain goal. If so, I'll post a forum for it.
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 6:18am
My ultimate goal is bra strap. I'm growing my hair out from a super short cut so It's going to take a a few more years to get there. Hopefully I won't cut it before then!!!
DiamondPrincess   

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 7:58am
Sounds like a good idea- A Growout Challenge.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 9:52am
I've had super short hair for years if I could just get it to like Chin length like a bob, i would be glad!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 11:25am
Ok, are there any certain rules to follow for the challenge?

Has anyone on here started a growth album?

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 4:26pm
I don't think anyone has started a hair growth album here which is why I want to. I'll make a separate post today with all the details. (This will be fun!!)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 5:58pm
I have an album on www.fotki.com... I been natural for 9 months now, not the best pics but they are there. Here was my last comparison pic

OK i can't figure out how to link a pic...but t his was my last comparison pic. http://public.fotki.com/jonesrey/fros_and_thangs/afrocomparison.html

Also, if you like u can start an account on here...its free, unless you want a package. ALot of women have hair albums on fotki.com
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:21pm
My computer is having difficulty but I will post when I get home from school. Photos are a good idea.
Mrs.Robertson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 12:19pm

Count my in too

Im doing protective styles keep my hair twisted for 2months at a time before i redo them. Washing and condition my hair 1x a week. also eating healthy. Oiling my scalp with either sheabutter or olive oil, and massaging my scalp. also i do a deep condition treatment on my hair once a month

My first goal is bra strap length

Next goal is waist length and beyond

3c/4a- HairType
Hair Growth Challenge and Healthy Eating Challenge Start's 04-11-2005
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 12:59pm

Mrs. Robertson

How long are your twists/hair and how do u keep them in for 2 months? My goal is to keep mine in for 2 weeks, cause I take them down once a week and then when i make it pass 2 weeks, I can move to more weeks. So how long have you been keeping your hair in that long.

Please exscuse me, not trying to be nosey.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:22am

My hair goal for now is bra strap length.

Protective styles, less heat & the baggie method are helping me along greatly.

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:43am

Hi!  My first post here!

My ultimate hair goal is midback somewhere between brastrap and waist.  I am currently less than a half inch away from brastrap length with 16 weeks of newgrowth- so flat ironed, I am there!

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:30pm
I am currently at shoulder/collarbone length and trying to implement only protective styles for the summer months. I am now doing all the protective styles I can think of , i.e., ponytails, twist-outs, air-dried roller wraps and buns. Soooooo.... using these methods I'll hopefully reach my goal in no time which is to have thick and healthy brastrap length hair!!  
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 10:25pm
Sista, was is your hair type? I'm 4a relaxed and I'm at 9 weeks post and trying to make it as far as I can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic