Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grow-Out Challenge 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 32>
Author
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 7:26am
thank you for the information regarding WGT i am gonna buy it soon *excited*
Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:30pm
Hey everyone! Sorry 4 not updating for so long, but here I am now. As I think I mentioned before, I'm 15 yrs. old, and I recently was going through transitioning from relaxed to natural. Well, since I had 5 months of new growth and my hair was impossible to comb, I decided to get my hair relaxed yet again, and I'm SO happy that I did. My hair is shinier, longer, and stronger. Well, after I got my relaxer, I went to the beauty supply store to buy Wild Growth Oil. Have any of you tried this? It's REALLY, REALLY good! My hair seems like it's growing rapidly. My hair is a little bit below the shoulder, so I'm getting to my length goal pretty quickly (my goal is bra strap length). All you do is put the oil (only a few drops) in the palm of your hand and run it through your hair and scalp. The testimonials on the site are amazing! Some people notice growth in a few days of use. Plus, it's not greasy and you only need to use it 1-3 times per week. The only bad thing about it is that it smells! It smells sort of like castor oil - yuk, but it does the job and the smell wears off quickly. Well, that's it for now. By the way, honeydoo, exotic allure is a vitamin that promotes hair growth amongst African Americans. Go to www.exoticallure.com for more info.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:03pm
You know, I don't know what Exotic Allure is either. I've heard of it but have never asked what it is. Does anyone know?
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:04pm
I'll have a regimen to post sometime this weekend, but can anyone tell me what "Exotic Allure" is. I already have Biotin and a multivitamin.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 5:15pm

Namika and Nubianqt86 Welcome!!!

I'm glad you joined! Post your regimens anytime. I'll have to update the list soon!! Happy Hair Growing!! (And Healthy Hair)

Namika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:18pm

I want to join as well, I don't have a regimen until now but planning to have one soon.

My hair is above bra line and I am planning to make it grow to elbow length.

Tomorrow I am going to wash my Hair using Karestase shampoo which I have been using for about one year and then will apply deep conditoning and leave it for about half an hour or so. Then will see what to do from there.. will keep you updated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 9:11am
I plan to grow my relaxer out. Im considering the wash and wear relaxer after that, but I'm not sure. Right now I just want the perm gone!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:11am
Just wondering are u going natural or planning on texturixing? Either way it is up to you, but remember they are not the same thing. Welcome to the site.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:17pm
Oh, I'll have a regimen for you by the end of the week. Wish me Luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:03pm
 I want to join the Grow Out Challenge. I've just recently decided to transiton from relaxed to natural hair. When My relaxer has grown out, I intend on using a wash and wear relaxer (texturizer). My hair is shoulder length and relaxed now. Hopefully within a year my natural hair will be just above that. Pray for me!
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:50pm

I think I want to join the grow out challenge. I am working on an online album and it will hopefully be up by the end of the week. To track my progress online. I don't have a regemin worked out really, but I have started to wash my hair on sundays and allow it to air dry. Sometimes I twist or braid my hair while its almost dry, but lately have just been putting it in a bun. I use tea tree oil on my scalp b/c it gets dry easily. I do the baggie method and usually keep that on with a satin bonnet on my head. Its easy for me to do b/c I stay at home with my son during the week. Wednesday I wash my hair in the morning, airdry, then flat iron.

The products I am currently using are Nexxus Therappe, Nexxus Humectress orCreme of Nature shampoo and conditioner Once a week using Aphogee  Intense Keratin Reconstructor. I put Gensing Miracle wonder 8 oil in my hair, with elasta Q P recovery oil moisturizer to let it dry, or the recipe that is posted on the homemade recipe board.(don't quite know what to call it) I use a mixture of olive oil mixed in my hands with elasta qp mango butter on my ends when I do the baggie method. When I flat Iron I use Ion anti-frizz solutions heat Protection Thats about it. I'm trying to use a protein treatment, but haven't really ever tried any so I bought a few small packs from Sally's this weekend, to try some different brands out.

Lemme know if thers anything you think I should try! Thanks!

Edited by cebnn

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 11:09pm

Thank you carameldiva

this forum is something i am already enjoying it and learning more about my hair.

thank you all

Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 2:55pm
welcome abord, Missfro- we all hope that you enjoy your stay here.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:47am
Thank you for your warm welcome Honeydoo
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:34am
Missfro, OF COURSE you can join! You don't necessarily need a regimen. My sister has never had one and her hair is growing like a weed. You can join anytime.
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:57am

Thank you cmesweet you are truly sweet

i will post my regimen once i get one very soon

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:28pm
Hello Missfro, yes u can join, it's never too late.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 5:53am

hello girls , this Grow-Out challenge is really interesting .. can i join in ?

although i don't have a particular regimen for my hair , i am planning to start one .. Jadegoddes yours is so inspiraing ..

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:59pm
k, great. Glad you found what you needed. Let us know how yours turns out.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Pocahontas1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocahontas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 11:41am

Hello again

I take biotin by Nature's Bounty. I buy it from Walgreens and it costs 10 dollars a bottle.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 32>
  Share Topic