Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grow-Out Challenge 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author
Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:03pm
 I want to join the Grow Out Challenge. I've just recently decided to transiton from relaxed to natural hair. When My relaxer has grown out, I intend on using a wash and wear relaxer (texturizer). My hair is shoulder length and relaxed now. Hopefully within a year my natural hair will be just above that. Pray for me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:17pm
Oh, I'll have a regimen for you by the end of the week. Wish me Luck!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:11am
Just wondering are u going natural or planning on texturixing? Either way it is up to you, but remember they are not the same thing. Welcome to the site.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 9:11am
I plan to grow my relaxer out. Im considering the wash and wear relaxer after that, but I'm not sure. Right now I just want the perm gone!
Namika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:18pm

I want to join as well, I don't have a regimen until now but planning to have one soon.

My hair is above bra line and I am planning to make it grow to elbow length.

Tomorrow I am going to wash my Hair using Karestase shampoo which I have been using for about one year and then will apply deep conditoning and leave it for about half an hour or so. Then will see what to do from there.. will keep you updated

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 5:15pm

Namika and Nubianqt86 Welcome!!!

I'm glad you joined! Post your regimens anytime. I'll have to update the list soon!! Happy Hair Growing!! (And Healthy Hair)

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:04pm
I'll have a regimen to post sometime this weekend, but can anyone tell me what "Exotic Allure" is. I already have Biotin and a multivitamin.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:03pm
You know, I don't know what Exotic Allure is either. I've heard of it but have never asked what it is. Does anyone know?
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 1:30pm
Hey everyone! Sorry 4 not updating for so long, but here I am now. As I think I mentioned before, I'm 15 yrs. old, and I recently was going through transitioning from relaxed to natural. Well, since I had 5 months of new growth and my hair was impossible to comb, I decided to get my hair relaxed yet again, and I'm SO happy that I did. My hair is shinier, longer, and stronger. Well, after I got my relaxer, I went to the beauty supply store to buy Wild Growth Oil. Have any of you tried this? It's REALLY, REALLY good! My hair seems like it's growing rapidly. My hair is a little bit below the shoulder, so I'm getting to my length goal pretty quickly (my goal is bra strap length). All you do is put the oil (only a few drops) in the palm of your hand and run it through your hair and scalp. The testimonials on the site are amazing! Some people notice growth in a few days of use. Plus, it's not greasy and you only need to use it 1-3 times per week. The only bad thing about it is that it smells! It smells sort of like castor oil - yuk, but it does the job and the smell wears off quickly. Well, that's it for now. By the way, honeydoo, exotic allure is a vitamin that promotes hair growth amongst African Americans. Go to www.exoticallure.com for more info.
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 7:26am
thank you for the information regarding WGT i am gonna buy it soon *excited*
Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:45am
I use shapley's M-T-G, It's similar to WGHO in smell and purpose. So, now you ladies have options. I have only been using it for 2 weeks but it really makes my hair soft and i have noticed that my hair is growing as well. It can be purchased at www.farmvet.com  It's $12.99 for 32 oz. This product is now manufactured for horses but it originially was manufactured for bald men in 1938 to restore hair losse. It worked so well that it is now used on horses. anywho lots of women on www.blackhairmedia.com and www.longhaircareforum.com  have had success with this oil and i hope to as well. I'm going to continue using it and keep yall updated.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:48pm
Thanks Carmeldiva and JesusChrist#1. I have heard of both and was skeptical but they both sound really good. Maybe I'm crazy, but I didn't know castor oil smells bad. I use Edgar Cayce's Organic Castor oil and it has virtually no smell at all.
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:54pm
You're welcome, honeydoo and missfro. And thanks Cara for the info on the M-T-G. Has anyone reached their goal hair length yet? Is everyone still doing the same routine? Please do tell
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:50pm
Sure anytime- i have not reached my shortterm goal yet. but hopefully i will achieve it by June 6, 2005. I'll keep you posted.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 9:49am
No, I have not reached my short-term goal either. Right now my hair is at about an inch past my shoulders so I have a few more inches to go to reach it. But, since I relaxed a few weeks ago, I do have a good amount of new growth, but I can't measure yet!!
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 10:05am

Grow-Out CHallenge Bandwagon:
Adora
Carmeldiva        &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;    Cebnn
Cmesweet
Diamondprincess
Honeydoo (me)
JadeGoddess
Jesuschrist#1inmylife
Kally
Kim J
Layla
Missaol          ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ; Missfro          ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;   Namika         Nubianqt86        &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     Pocahontas1
Savantrice
Tp1
Vickyd

Nineteen so far. Great! I hope everything is going well for everyone!

IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 4:50pm

Count me in! I would like to join the Grow Out Challenge. At the moment, my hair is in braids. I am giving it a little break. Just 10 cornrows. I get my hair braided every 2-3 months. I do not keep in braids for long periods of time: 2-3 weeks max. My hair is relaxed and is about 4 inches above bra strap length. My goal: bra strap length. I do not have a hair regimen, so I decided this would be a good time to put one together before I remove my braids: which I plan to do April 1. Does any one know of a good braid moisturizer? Right know I am using African Royale BRX Braid & Extensions sheen spray…I am actually pretty happy with it.

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:18am
Hi IndigoRed! Welcome to the Challenge!You're not very far from your goal at all. I'm not sure of a good braid moisturizer because I don't really where them much. I have done braid-outs and I moisturize with Soft Sheen's Care Free Curl. I like it.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:26am

Hey i wanna join!!!. Right now, im 16 inches measuring from my hairline. I have 3c/4a fine hair. I relaxed when i was 14 for the first time and my healthy hair became thin and lifeless. The products i was using also made the state of my hair worse. I think ive nursed my hair back to good health and all i want to do now is reach bra strap!! Ive been dusting the damaged ends for about 5 months like twice a week and i think i can start growing now. So here's my regime

Vitamins:

GNC's hair, skin and nails (has 2500mcg biotin

Silica

MSM 1000mg 

I'll be adding a protein shake, a multivitamin and 5000mcg biotin to my vitamin regimen and i also plan to stop taking the hair, skin and nails. I'll be taking this much biotin cos my hair grew about 3 inches in the past three months when i was taking that dosage.

I wash on tuesdays and saturdays. Sometimes, i do a CO wash with V05 kiwi and lime and using humectress and the second cond. Sometimes, i do a CWC. I use a light cond. such as V05 free me freesia, tresemme breakage or suave milk and honey for the 1st cond, wash with therappe then 2nd cond. is humectress. I alternate between humectress and keraphix and i sometimes mix them together.

I do a lot of things to my hair but i have it all in my online journal.....

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/fo...howjournal&j=44

I have some old pics of my hair, like 3 mths ago but i'll take some new pics then post a link of my photo album

Edited by Renee
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 4:06pm
Hey Renee! I was wondering when you were going to join! The picture of you that is in your Author slot, how old is that picture? Is your hair still breaking off right now?? I was wondering about silica because I've noticed a good amount of people taking it. I am just taking a multivitamin and powdered MSM at the moment. DO you think silica is good to add as well?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
  Share Topic