Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grape seed oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grape seed oil
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:17am
Does anyone know anything about Grape seed oil?
DiamondPrincess   

Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 3:54pm
Diamond P, Were you referring to grapeseed oil or extract?

Grapeseed oil is popular for cooking because it has a high resistance to heat and therefore does not burn as much as other cooking oils.

Oral grape seed extract is most used for strengthening blood vessel to treat conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency and retinopathy. As an antioxidant, it may also have effects against cancer, heart disease, viruses, and cell damage caused by toxic chemicals. Topically, grape seed extract may protect against dental cavities and promote wound healing. Oil pressed from grape seeds is a supplemental source of essential fatty acids.

I've never seen anything saying that it aids hair condition, growth or maintenance in any way. I would be interested to know if there is information concerning using it in conjunction with the hair. Keep us posted is you find out anything.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
kally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:49pm
I heard that grapeseed oil was good for the hair. I bought some one time but it made my scalp itch.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by kally kally wrote:

I heard that grapeseed oil was good for the hair. I bought some one time but it made my scalp itch.

The funny thing is, it seems that almost every oil has some benefit for some people's hair. Probably because it's oil. But if it made your scalp itchy, I'd say that's a great reason not to use it.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Champale View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 12:32am
I have bought a big bottle and frankly I wasn't impressed. For me it works better on the skin but that was my experience.
celesteb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celesteb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:32pm
Try Flax seed oil
If you B-Weave it, you can achieve it!!
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 2:22pm
Are you taking the Flax Seed Oil oraly? or using it in your hair?

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:45pm
i take flaxseed oil orally
celesteb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celesteb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:36am
Take it orally.  It works great on your hair and skin.  I suggest taking it in pill form cause flax seed oil has a nasty taste.  All so there is a product called Vivascal that is made to create healthy hair.  I tried it for about two months and I did see a little improvement but the box says you should try to for at least 6 months for the most results.
If you B-Weave it, you can achieve it!!
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:24am
Is there anything other then hair that flaxseed oul is good for? The reason I asked is b/c I know my brother takes it orally for some reason, and I know its not for his hair.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:44am

i remember i used to take cod liver oil when i was young and my hair was natural and that was the only supplement i used to take. My hair was the longest it's ever been....anyways, back to the subject, here's sth i got from a website..... http://www.healthandage.com/html/res/com/ConsSupplements/Fla xseedOilcs.html I take flaxseed, cod liver and evening primrose softgels....

Edited by Renee
mysticaldodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticaldodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 8:29am
Flax seed is used as a fixative in hair products by companies like Aveda. Its also used for Ayurvedic medication (orally of course). I've never heard of it being used as a hair oil before. Grape seed oil is suppose to be good for those with oily conditions.
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 12:40pm

This is a great thread dp.  My sis, Cinna, uses the Grapeseed oil on her hair too. I wonder how that's going?

*yells~CINNA, GET YO' BOO-TAY IN HERE* 

I've been taking Organic Flaxseed Oil pills(1200 mcg) 2x per day for a month now, and let me tell you, I notice a difference in my skin, I don't need to oil my scalp (only for hot oil treatments), and my nails are strong.  I really like it.

I got my Organic Flaxseed Oil from Sav-On Drugstore where you buy one bottle and you get one for free!!   Now that's a bargin. :)

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 10:57pm

Oh sorry for coming in so late and posting on my favorite oil, I've been a bit busy lately.

Yes I use grapeseed oil daily (I just bought a litter of it sometime ago). I purchased it rom the store. I use it both in the morning and at night.  I like to heat it up and distribute over my hair evenly with a big tooth comb.  I use only a few drops because I have discovered that with most oils a little goes a long way.  Overall I do like it very much.  It's not heavy like EVOO in my opinion.  It goes on nice and smooth and my ends have been thankful to me for it.

I do take Flaxseed oil daily as it helps keep my skin in check.

Edited by Cinnamon
adrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 10:21pm
what is the most cheapest place you purchase flaxseed oil online?
Adrienne
kenudle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenudle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2010 at 12:38am
Originally posted by adrz adrz wrote:

what is the most cheapest place you purchase flaxseed oil online?

idk...i just get it from whole foods
maha22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maha22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2010 at 5:13am
i can only answer #3.Chinese herbal products are mostly adulterated (in China) with cheap additives and real prescription and/ or untested pharmaceuticals ( to be sure that the "herb" works) to get repeat sales. I personally would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.Too much chance to be sickened or worse. I get my chinese herbs from a chinese lady's acupuncture office when I go for an appointment.I know this source for 20 years. They compound the herbs as I watch (out of curiosity)right there while I wait. The only other place I trust is dragonherbs.com on the net.
=====================
Income Protection Insurance| Life Insurance Quotes

mtptl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:16pm
hey

wel grapeseed oil is conditioning and it nuriousis the hair root

grapeseed is not well known as its hard to get hold of just pure grapeseed oil where coconut can be brought in your local tesco ect

==================
Hdmi Cable | Hdmi Cables
adrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:50am

I bought grapeseed oil for hair, it helps prevent hair from getting burn just like it is popular for being high restinant in cooking. Same way. I have seen a lot girls use grapeseed oils to prevent heat setting , on youtube. Plus it is a light oil and helps many things such as preventing slit if use often.

Adrienne
jamesdweaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesdweaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 3:08pm
From all my knowledge on this subject, I wouldn't recommend grapeseed oil. There are far better oils out there. Simple coconut oil works wonders.

If you want to give (or get) a massage, however, grapeseed oil works wonders ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic