Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHF37 vs. VitaMane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberryblond View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HF37 vs. VitaMane
    Posted: August 28 2000 at 2:56pm
I was wondering about the difference between HF37 and VitaMane by Edwin Paul? Has anyone used VitaMane? It seems to have less ingredients, but also you don't need to take as many a day (only 2) which is preferrable to me because vitamins sometimes bother my stomach. Any opinions on VitaMane? Thanks.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 3:37am
Hi,

I have been taking H37 for over 1 year with continued excellent results. I did not start taking H37 to grow my hair longer or faster. I started taking it because my hair was in a hormonal/thyroid induced crisis.

I am past my mid 40s and had started experiencing lots of hormonal and thyroid problems over 1 year ago. My hair got really strange...very dry and it started breaking and falling out. I was freaking out since I have worked so hard to grow healthy long hair over the years.

I starting taking the H37 at that point in time when my hair went into crisis. I took it more to help my hair survive than to grow it longer (my hair is currently below my waist). H37 was a lifesaver and I noticed improvements after only about 2 weeks of taking the recommended dosage of H37.

In fact, when I stopped taking the H37 for a period of several weeks, my hair reverted back to the original problems of unusual dryness, breaking, splitting and lots of hair falling out. I immediately starting taking the H37 right away and the hair problems again stopped.

I am also taking a daily thyroid prescription drug along with EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids). My doctor diagnosed my thyroid condition and while he was sympathetic he told me "the older you get the thinner your hair gets". Hmmm. Well I did not want that. So I decided to try and fight it with herbs and vitamins and whatever else I could find to preserve my hair. I have been growing my hair for over 10 years and did not want to surrender all my hard work to hormonal swings.

I think that my hair looks great right now on the H37 supplements. It is as thick and shiny as it was before the thyroid & hormone problems. It is also very healthy.

Yes, my hair is still on the dry side, but not nearly as dry as it was without the H37. I still have normal hair loss (less than 100 hairs a day) but nothing like I was having. The texture of my hair is naturally wavy and so it tends to be dry anyway. However, the H37 helps me with my hair and that is all that counts at this point.

It also helps my skin. I started having hormonal acne which was HORRIBLE. The H37 has helped to keep that in check. Also, my nails look great.

We added the VitaMane as an option. Yes, you take less and it is easier. However, the VitaMane, which is a good hair vitamin does NOT have all the special amino acids that H37 has. The VitaMane helps maintain your current hair condition and keep your hair healthy. I think the H37 is a much more intense and stronger treatment. If anything will improve your hair I think H37 will if it is possible.

Growing hair is complicated. There are lots of factors. However, I think for a lighter maintenance vitamin the VitaMane is great.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
maneofhair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maneofhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2000 at 9:28pm
I have used h37 for 3 months but did not notice much difference. I suspect because my body does not absorb the vit/minerals whci h expalins the MPB I have (but I won't go into that for space sake). I am using 20 drops of biosil(yuck taste) and 2 of viviscal. I noticed an incredible growth of hair. The white hairs I usually pull out I left in for an indicator. I did not check it for 2 weeks and the hairs grew and started to bend. I have wavy hair and thats what my hair does when it grows long. I usually do this on an empty stomach not with food because I get nauseaus. I wonder karen if using this (viviscal and biosil) along with h37 canceled the effect I was looking for. I am going to order more but after internal cleansing. I am finding for me good internal housecleaning helps. I will let you guys know whats up. I don't expect long hair down to my feet but healthier since my thyroid measures between 95 and 96. I am going to take care of that also. Have a happy hairy day to all.
Maneofhair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic