Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwana know abt use of egg on hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sanjay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wana know abt use of egg on hair
    Posted: January 04 2002 at 12:37pm
1.....how can we use egg?
2......can we use it after every alternate days?
3.......is it good for hair
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2002 at 7:14pm
I would also LOVE to hear about this also. I was told once to use 1 egg and 1 tbs. of baking soda... just to kind of mix it up and put it in my hair for 10 or 15 mins then shampoo out. The egg had the protein in it for your hair.. and the baking soda was supposed to get the build up out of your hair. I`m not really certain whether this is good for your hair or not and would like a professional to answer it for me. I`ve also heard to put an egg in your shampoo and mix it up. Does anyone know?
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
MEME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 2:42pm
In order for any protein on your hair to be absorbed, it MUST be hydrolyzed (broken down small enough that the hair can absorb it). Egg on your hair is as good as egg on your face!

Save yourself time and find a hydrolyzed protein shampoo/conditioner!
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:46pm
I definitely wouldn`t recommend it....

if you let it sit too long it`s hard to get out.
if you use water that is too hot, you cook it on your hair and it`s hard to get out.

it`s not worth it.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Hello_Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello_Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 3:30pm

Hi, beat an egg then put it all over your hair, rap it up (in cling film) for 15 mins, then rinse w/ cold water. I found it on a site
:|
~*Vickie*~, Click on my name to see my hair profile !
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 3:37pm
Check out the Ask Karen from December 2001.
«On ne naīt pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir
Jessi Dove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessi Dove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2002 at 11:09pm
I just started using egg and I must say that I was very skeptical, but I love it! I whip two eggs and add a tablespoon of olive oil, then I leave that mixture on for around 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off. The difference it`s made in my ends is just amazing!
Jessi
MakavelisAshley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakavelisAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 12:10am
I put egg in my hair usually 3 times a week or i mix things like

one egg
1 tsp honey
2 Tbls olive oil
thats for split ends (10 mins)

you can also put manoisse (30 mins) for deep conditioning

haha its like making egg salad in your hair

i usually do the first then the seconds washing inbetween then after its all done and washed i rinse with apple cider vinegar mixed with water. i think it helps... i`ve gotten these recipes from other forums on this site.. check them out its worth a try
Ley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic