Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHF37 or Hairtopia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diamondbezel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondbezel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HF37 or Hairtopia
    Posted: February 19 2002 at 9:12am
Help!!! Can anyone compare results between the two so that I can have a better understandign of which one to buy? Thanks. The posts have been really helpful.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2002 at 8:50am
To be totally honest.. I think Hairtopia is the best. I have tried both and I didn`t see much of anything from H37... I`m currently taking hairtopia and it seems like my hair is growing more fast. But everyone is different.. so you`ll probably have to experiment and try both to see which one works best for you! (o:
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 3:09pm
I asked the same question to Karen and here is what she answered:

I think H37 is an excellent product and it works for many many people. HairTopia was loosely designed around the basic principles of H37 (by me working w/ a chemist) but enhanced based on several years of feedback from our many HairBoutique.com customers who took the H37 product.

One main difference is that H37 is a tablet and HairTopia is a capsule so it is much smaller and easier to take.for some people like me who just prefer capsules to tablets. Some people prefer tablets.

H37 may, in some cases, cause a niacin reaction in some people who take it....especially on an empty
stomach. HairTopia has niacidamide rather than niacin that tends not to cause the
niacin flushing reaction except in rare circumstances.

HairTopia has a different amino acid formula. The HairTopia product also contains MSM. The HairTopia
vitamins do not include iron.

I wanted to offer HairTopia as an alternative option to the H37 concerns that some of
our customers had. We spent 1 year working on HairTopia with a wonderful chemist in the West who owns his own company. The HairTopia product is of the absolute highest quality.

I still believe that H37 is a really great product. However, people want options. We have found this to be true w/ shampoo and hair jewelry and even curling irons. All people are different and have different needs. We want to try to fill those needs if we can.

The reason for the difference in pricing is that the H37 manufacturers raised their prices about 3 months ago and we honored the H37 price increases. When we first offered HairTopia for sale we offered it at the exact same price as H37 which was $39.99 for the into.

Please let me know if you have other questions?

Thanks for writing.

Best wishes,
Karen
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it! Hope this helps.
Itzel
«On ne naīt pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2002 at 5:28pm
Hi all,

Please allow me to elaborate on some points that I made to Itzel in the above post.

Many HairBoutique.com customers have been taking H37 with great success for some time. In no way do I nor anyone at HairBoutique.com ever encourage anyone to switch from the H37 product to HairTopia if they are experiencing great results with H37. If H37 works well for someone I strongly encourage them to continue taking it.

The same is true with Viviscal or any other hair vitamins or growth formula. I think all the products on the market all offer unique benefits for hair growth. If someone is doing well on the Viviscal I never encourage them to switch to H37, HairTopia or any of our other vitamins. I encourage them to continue to take what works best for them.

Unfortunately we noted over the past 2 years that not everyone had the same great results from H37 as others did. Some people would be unhappy w/ the product because it didn`t work for them like they hoped. That is why we developed HairTopia. HairTopia has a similar basis but it is different than H37 in a number of ways. Different does not mean better, it means different.

Many people do not experience niacin flushing with H37 and many people do prefer to utilize the iron that H37 contains and HairTopia does not. Some people prefer tablets which H37 has and some prefer capsules like HairTopia HairTopia like other hair vitamins utilizes niacidamide which is designed to minimize flushing. Some people believe flushing is good and shows the niacin is being absorbed by the body. Others do not agree.

Hairtopia has MSM which has been proven to help hair growth issues. Again, this is controversial. Some people believe it works and others don`t. I believe that it does but that is my opinion.

Again...we are looking at offering options since no two people have the same needs and wants.

We all had a lot of admiration for the H37 product (we still promote it and sell it at HairBoutique.com) but knew that it just did not work for some people and we wanted to offer them new options.

When people ask my opinion of what supplement to take I may actually recommend H37 over Hairtopia for several reasons based on their hair growth goals.

I personally have a lot of admiration for Mike Trobee who originated the H37 product and that is why HairTopia is loosely based around similar principles to the H37 principles and concepts. Mike developed a great product with H37. I took it for years with very good results.

It is my goal to continue to sell H37 as long as Mike Trobee allows us to continue to do so. I stand behind H37 and I stand behind every product in our store. There are over 1,100 products at the current time and either I or someone at HairBoutique.com has personally tested the products before we decided to sell them.

I want to offer as many different options to people who visit HairBoutique.com as possible. That is why we have recently added Vivisical and Shen Min and several other hair growth and hair loss formulas.

Some people prefer Viviscal to either H37 or HairTopia. Some people mix and match. I have one HairBoutique.com guest who likes the HairTopia vitamins but prefers the H37 amino acids.

I have tried very hard to avoid comparing H37 and Hairtopia because I do not want to give the wrong impression about either product but I have received so many emails and phone calls asking for the differences that it has been impossible not to do some form of a comparison/ Please know that I never want people to think that I am encouraging their choice in any way.

I sincerely want people to select whatever product works best for them and their hair, even if we don`t sell it at Hairboutique.com. Some people do great with Ultra Hair and similar health food store brands. Again, I encourage people to stick with what works.

The same is true of shampoo or curling irons or hair glitter. I have 3 shampoos that are my true blue shampoos that I know work on my when everything else fails. No one or nothing can get me to switch from those brands because I like them and they work.

I feel the same way about the hair vitamins. If someone loves H37 I encourage them to keep taking them. If they prefer Viviscal, same thing. If they want to try Hairtopia, that is great too.

I know this is long and involved but I get so many questions about this topic I wanted to try and be as clear and concise as possible.

Thank you for your interest and support of Hairboutique.com We are celebrating our four year anniversary this week and we would not still be here except for all of you.

Best wishes,
Karen

PS. If you are not on our mailing list it would be good to sign up because we will be sending out a private Anniversary Letter in the next few days with some very special "thank you" deals to our loyal friends and customers.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2002 at 12:26am
I tried H37 for about 1 year with good results. Then I switched to Viviscal and the results were even better. I noticed my hair just felt stronger and thicker. I started taking HairTopia 60 days in combination w/ Vivisal. WooHoo. My hair is growing like a week and feels wonderful. My vote is to take Viviscal and HairTopia together. Great products.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic