Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long for results with vitamins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long for results with vitamins
    Posted: September 06 2002 at 8:18pm
Hi I just started taking vitamins a few months ago and I was just wondering how many months does it take for them to work? I heard it takes about three months to six months, is that true? Thanks.
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 1:18pm
For me, it took about a month, but I guess it depends on how deficient you are in whatever vitamins you`re taking.
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 6:59pm
Thanks. I have been lacking a lot vitamins and minerals so do you think it will take more than 3 months?

KaleidoscopeAmy
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2002 at 1:15pm
Well, I looked around some hair sites and the times seem to vary from three weeks to four months for results to show...I don`t think it would take any more than three months unless you`ve been seriously ill or something. Just stick with it - the results will be well worth the wait! BTW, are you the same Amy from the longhairlovers board? I lurk on there, too!
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2002 at 6:24pm
Thanks for your help. I think I will keep my regemin for awhile and see if I get results. Also I am the same Amy from the longhairlovers. Their both great sites, are`nt they.

KaleidoscopeAmy
meagain View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 1:26pm
are the Twinlab Hair factors still working for you? I was thinking of trying them, but if they don`t work that well I will try something else.
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 3:27pm
I stopped taking them because they go way too fast when you take three or six. if I were you I would go to Discount Blvd.com and look at Vitol Great Hair they have 120 or 60 tablets and you only have to take two while the Hair Factors only has 100 or 50 tablets. Well anyways I can`t say that Hair Factors didn`t work but it takes about three months to see any results so you would have to buy a new 100 tablet bottle every month, and boy does it get expensive.
jan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 4:39am
Originally posted by rina-chan rina-chan wrote:

For me, it took about a month, but I guess it depends on how deficient you are in whatever vitamins you're taking.

i have realy damaged hair how long do u think it will take and will it make my hair better
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 2:26am
I believe it will make your hair better but just the hair that is growing out. Your damaged hair is already damaged.. I don`t think it can be fixed unless you use some treatments to help mend split ends or over processed hair.

I`ve been taking my vitamins for a week now and I was gravely deficent in ALL vitamins except for vitamin C maybe..

I listed some of the vitamins I take in a post below but now I just take flaxseed oil instead of both primrose and omega 3 (my flaxseed oil I just recentally realized contains Omega-3, 6 and 9! woohoo!
Now I`m going to take Zinc, folic acid and selenium along with everything else.. I`m dying to know if that works :) I`m going to try and find some MSM, PABA, and panthothenic acid too just need the money first.
My horsetail herbal supplment only has 2mg of silicia in it.. the rest is just plain ol` horsetail.. so I`m planning on finding a higher dosage of silica..
My biotin intake is about 1500mcg a day (give or take a few mcg)

So far in one week I can tell you that the vitamins I`ve been taking have seriously done A LOT for my nails in one week.

I don`t expect to see results soon, but in a weeks time they`ve certainly made me feel a lot better about myself.. I feel less stressed definately!
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 2:42pm
Hey Kitty Brite why don`t you try this hair vitamin that I`m taking. I`ts called Vitol Great Hair. I`t has 600 mg of pantothenic acid, 3,000 mcg of biotin, 150 mg of PABA, it also has other great vitamins, minerals, and amino acids too. You can buy this at Vitaglow.com, Discount Blvd, and some other stores on the net. These are great vitamins, I have been taking them for a few months and I noticed my hair grows faster.
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 10:40pm
whoa! that is a super large amount of biotin but I doubt it`ll kill you ;P

Thank you!

By the way speaking from as a person who was deficent in just about every vitamin or mineral you can think of I am seeing results in my finger nails already.

I think it`s different for everybody... OR it could be I was using a liquid vitamin that absorbs quicker.. but the liquid vitamin is used up quicker if you think about it. I`m almost out of my bottle already! And it also helps if you eat right and stuff.. which I was even lucky to *have* a dinner. That used to be a rare occasion. But now I do :)

YAY!

Thanks amy! Maybe your vitamins ARE working for you and you just don`t notice it.. With MSM do you notice less hair shed?

~Kitty Brite
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2002 at 5:39pm
You`re very welcome Kitty Brite. I`m glad that I was a lot of help.

Amy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic