Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMSM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSM
    Posted: September 06 2002 at 10:40pm
Does anybody here take MSM and gets good results?
greta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2002 at 3:27pm
I have been taking MSM for 2 weeks (for my joints) and then I came here and read that it`s good for hair! I read a study someone posted on this board, but the study was done on lignisulMSM...does anyone know if that is that same as just MSM? I don`t know which brand I have, I bought it at GNC.
I will post results after I continue to take MSM for a more significant amount of time. It`s only been 2 weeks...I don`t see results, nor do I expect to yet. I have fairly thin hair that splits easily. It is not in horrible shape, but I constantly struggle to make it healthy. I was excited to see that MSM works for hair as well, but now I am wondering if it is only lignusulMSM or if any MSM will work. If anyone knows, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks!
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2002 at 7:27pm
Hi Greta thanks for your help, would you like to email me some time. My email name is KaleidoscopeAmy@aol.com I`t would nice to hear from you too.

Amy J.
Violeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2002 at 5:59pm
I heard that MSM is bad for the skin .. it creates zits / acne . Is it true ?
ps : Sorry if I make mistakes(spelling etc.) but I am just starting to learning English
Im_Just_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_Just_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2002 at 7:16pm
Yes that is true.
If your readin this......whats up?
Violeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2002 at 7:24pm
darn ... lol
ps : Sorry if I make mistakes(spelling etc.) but I am just starting to learning English
greta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2002 at 9:18pm
where did you hear that? that would be a bummer. does anyone else out there have any experience with msm?
Violeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2002 at 11:50am
I was surfing the net and looking for hair information and I was reading all kinds of stuff .On a few forums the ladies ware talking about MSM and the problems that taking this drug created for their skin.

rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2002 at 1:49pm
Just going by personal experience, I`d say this is true. I recently started taking MSM and my face has been a little broke-out. I generally have clear skin so this is very odd for me. I haven`t done or changed any other beauty product. I think I`m going to stop taking it and go back to just pre-natal vitamins. I loved those! Hope this helps.

Becky
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2002 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by rrobey rrobey wrote:

Just going by personal experience, I`d say this is true. I recently started taking MSM and my face has been a little broke-out. I generally have clear skin so this is very odd for me. I haven`t done or changed any other beauty product. I think I`m going to stop taking it and go back to just pre-natal vitamins. I loved those! Hope this helps.

Becky

If you break out... It is more than likely that the extra MSM is helping your body rid itself of toxins. This is usually done through the skin as well as urine. MSM is a naturally occuring substance, present is many of the foods we eat.

It`s nearly impossible to overdose on MSM as it is water soluble and any extra is eliminated in the urine.

If you break out, try to continue taking it to see if the breakouts diminish over time.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Lola C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lola C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2002 at 11:04pm
That makes perfect sense. I also noticed that I feel better throughout the day when I include MSM in my supplement diet. It does break me out a bit but I will be patient and continue using it. MSM is good for your system. Just remember to drink plenty of water when you do take it.
Think positive at all times.
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 5:07pm
at this website: www.a1msm.co.uk/002/08_msm_uk_beauty_pti.htm
it says:
(of MSM)"Sulpher plays a vital role in Detoxification, that`s why it`s so good at clearing the skin of spots and blemishes" or something like that.
Maybe the initial result is that the blemishes come from all the toxins getting out of your body but with extended use it may help in the long run??...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 5:34pm
or maybe people could start out with a pretty low dose and work their way up so that it didn`t cause such bad blemishes all at one time:)
Lola C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lola C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 8:54pm
You may have point. Any type of herbs should be taken on the lowest dosage so that your body gets used to it and to see if you have any allergic reactions to it. MSM is good for you but ask your doctor about it first if you have any doubts.
Think positive at all times.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2002 at 10:24pm
how much MSM is actually suggested- because i went to Target to look for it. I think each pill was 1000mcg or something like that and it said to take 4-6 pills daily for joint health! That seems like so much... Is a smaller amount needed to affect hair and nail growth?
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 10:27pm
Good Question Turquoise Girl,

On the Nourishair (sp?) GNC bottle, which includes vitamins & herbs for hair health, it says 100 mg whereas the Ultra Nourishair has 500mg. I`ve read that people taking it for joint health,etc. take about 2000 to 3000 mg & up. SO...perhaps we only need 100-500 for our hair needs...?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2002 at 2:33pm
i know that people have kind of stopped talking about this but i figured i would open it up again if anyone had any new comments:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2002 at 5:49pm
well i have a question if anyone happens to see this:
does msm...
a.) make hair grow faster
b.)make hair grow in stronger
c.) both
thanks
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2002 at 1:09am
MSM does NOT make hair grow faster AT ALL. It slows down growth so that your hair can absorb the nutrients it needs and that is how it makes your hair stronger.
I don`t know about you, but given the choice between unhealthy hair that grows fast and healthy hair that grows slower nicer and stronger, I`d take the slower. You don`t want your hair to break or fall out easy and if you do, well.. I don`t even know what look you`re trying for ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2002 at 9:56pm
oooohhhh, okay- i understand how it works now. yeah i would pick the slower growing one if it made my hair stronger:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic