Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVitamins I`m taking, help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins I`m taking, help?
    Posted: October 11 2002 at 9:55pm
I`m not sure, see for the past 4 days I`ve been taking these vitamins and herbs meant to help out your hair growth/hair loss.

Biotin
Horsetail
Saw Palmetto (capsules AND liquid form)
Evening primarose oil
Iron( because of my low iron)
calcium
Centrum (liquid) multi vitamins
Omega-3 fatty acids
Flaxseed oil

would it be good to take MSM, silica too, folic acid, or Zinc and Copper too?
These are basically all the things I can find that would possibly help me with my hair loss and lack of hair growth..
But I need opinions so please respond!
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 1:30am
I would get rid of at least two of the fatty acids. I mean the flaxseed, evening primrose and the omega 3 are just about the same thing. Add MSM in there if you can brewers yeast is also good for the hair. I think silica and horestail are the same thing. Also make sure your drinking lots of water with this vits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Sunshine Sunshine wrote:

I would get rid of at least two of the fatty acids. I mean the flaxseed, evening primrose and the omega 3 are just about the same thing. Add MSM in there if you can brewers yeast is also good for the hair. I think silica and horestail are the same thing. Also make sure your drinking lots of water with this vits

You`re right about the fatty acids thing.. I realized this when i found out my Flaxseed oil actically had Omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in it already!
Where can I find brewers yeast/ Would it be at GNC? or in just any old grocery store?
I went to go and find MSM today at the supermarket and they had none.. urgh they never have a good selection but I know CVS has MSM!

I Just added Zinc, Selenium, and Folic acid to my vitamin diet.
All of these I take only one tablet daily except for the biotin, and the liquid and capsule saw palmetto. The liquid vitamin I have also adds a tiny 2mg more of the iron I take, and calcium.

My horsetail supplment only has 2mg of silica in it.. the rest of it is just green horsetail. But I think you`re right, most of silicia you buy at stores (I went into GNC just the other day) have silica in the form of horsetail.. mine just.. doesn`t have enough. I also found out that if I took two horestail capsules instead of one (it`s 500mg of horsetail but only 2mg of silica) I get a strange reaction from the herb. One doesn`t hurt me but two.. urghh.. Headaches galore and it`s the scarey kind of headaches where you can feel your blood moving very slowly.

Thanks soooo much though.. I`ve asked other people and boards and they gave me no help at all.
I will try to find MSM and brewers yeast if I can. :)

~Kitty Brite
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 2:05pm
Intead of getting one seperate vitamin B (folic acid) why don`t you buy a really good B-complex which has thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, PABA, pantothenic acid, inositol, choline, B-12, folic acid and also biotin.
I got mine at Walmart and it says Spring Vally and it says B-150 on the bottle. It contains all the B vitamins except for Inositol, and Choline. I`t also has 600 mcg of Brewers Yeast, Alfalfa powder, and other good things.

Amy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 5:20pm
Now why hadn`t I thought of this? I can walk to walmart from here! Argh..
Okay I need to write this alll down..
Thanks for the help!

I decided not to take selenium after I heard about the side effects. :/
yeesh..

~Kitty Brite
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 2:35pm
You`re welcome Kitty Brite, I`m glad that I could help.

Amy
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 10:48pm
I got my brewers yeast at Henrey`s a health food store on the west coast. You can find it just about anywhere that sells vit. You should see a change in your hair really soon. The way I can tell that something is going on is by looking at my nails. If your nails are starting to grow and getting stronger then you know that the vits are starting to work. Get that MSM in there by itself if you can this stuff is great for hair and overall health. They call it the beauty mineral !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 3:43pm
Wooohooo! This means good new for me then because I DEFINATELY see a difference in my nails! I`m not taking brewers yeast yet though.. :) It has been only about a week! Oh my goodness this is so greeeaaat! My nails used to be so britttle at the begining of the week they were really thin and all they`d do is crack and peel right off (they also had those layers that just chipped away) they don`t have that anymore! That worked really fast! Maybe my nails were in real need of it.

I`m excited! Tonight I`m going to go and find MSM and if I can brewers yeast in a B complex :)

You guys are wonderful! thanks so much!

~kitty Brite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic