Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedQuestion about MSM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about MSM?
    Posted: October 18 2002 at 10:33pm
Hello again i just got myself a B complex and some MSM today.. then i too 2000 mg of MSM... should I take more or less than that.... is that good? bad? opinions?

Byt he way my b complex has brewers yeast in it :D YES!

~Kitty brite
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 10:37pm
Hi Kitty Brite, thats great that you got your B-complex and MSM. The 2,000 mg of MSM sounds really good. I`ve heard of a lot of people taking that much or more, so you`re ok.

Amy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 10:47pm
Thanks for replying so quickly!

Oh yeah, and another thing i wanted to know is... well my B complex has about 50mg or mcg of everything in it except for the folic acid that has 400mcg

Should I have picked something with a little more in it or do you think this will do? It has like every B vitamin in it. See, I couldn`t pick something out that was too expensive so I got the B complex 50 and then there was a B complex 200 but it was in a bigger bottle and was sooo expensive.
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2002 at 5:36pm
Ya thats good. Since your B-complex contains not as mg and mcg as mine I would take two of them if I were you. But your B-complex looks really good. Also if you are thinking about investing any hair vitamins you should try Vitol Great Hair, it has 600 mg of pantothenic acid, 3,000 mcg of biotin, 600mg of Inositol and Choline and all the other B vitamins.
I hope this helps.

Amy
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2002 at 10:52pm
Or you could try Ultra Nourishair by GNC, it has everything all in one tablet (twice a day)...MSM, Pantothenic Acid, some amino acids etc. Plus it is reasonably priced.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2002 at 11:07pm
how many are in the bottle?
I`m kinda worried to take 2 instead of one B vitamin tablet... I have to admit.. because 400 mcg is your daily recommended dose of that vitamin.. too much and I don`t know if that`s a good thing :/
Plus the fact I may have to get another container of it. I think it has something like 100 or 90 tablets in it.

Ultra nourish hair I looked at... the only thing it has over the vitamins I`m taking now is it just has more silica. :(
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2002 at 12:12am
For Vitol Great Hair you can get either 60 or 120 tablets. I think that the 120 bottle is a really good buy.

Amy
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 7:12pm
Hi Kitty Brite the recommended dose a day of folic acid is 400 mcg, although you can take up to 800 mcg if you perfir, it`s safe. My vitamin catalogs sells folic acid that contains 800 mcg.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic