Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsilica

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silica
    Posted: November 02 2002 at 1:11pm
what exactly does silica do for your hair? does it only work when taken internally or can it work if it is applied directly to the hair(cuz i was looking at a shampoo and conditioner and it said it contained silica to strengthen hair)
thanks to anyone who answers!
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2002 at 1:19pm
does anyone take silica?
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2002 at 10:58pm
John frieda`s frizz ease is basically silica that coats your hair to protect it and give it shine.
Silica gives shine to your hair and it can be taken internally (through supplments of course)
I don`t know about strength though.
And if it`s in a shampoo or conditioner Iguess it can work that way.. but I`m not sure. I`d think it would work much better internally.
I only take about 4mg of silica a day I wanted to take more but I buy lots and lots of supplments for my hair and I have a multi. So... Yes.

Also I`d just liek to add, that when you take supplments it may be better to take less of the supplment so it will build up in your body rahter than taking way too much. If you take way too much of one supplment your body will flush it out very quickly. There goes your nutrients.
~kitty Brite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic