Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGNC`s Biotin shampoo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessicaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GNC`s Biotin shampoo?
    Posted: December 08 2002 at 11:02pm
That`s awesome you bought Nioxin and you love it! I think it`s a great product. The shampoo is usually sold in a med. to large size bottle and I can`t recall the name of it. But I can find out for you.
My husband loves the shampoo, and he has fine hair, it`s really lite on his hair and doesn`t dry it out.
Anyhow Im happy to see someone else is using Nioxin
KittyBrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittyBrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 8:28pm
I did not suspect it would grow my hair, and I never said that topical treatments could grow your hair long. I was asking if anyone has tried it. I was going to put this in the product section but I figured since biotin is a *vitamin* and it`s founf at GNC I`d put it on this forum.

As for the scalp treatment by nixion, I recentally just bought that! :) I love the conditioner. But I`ve never seen the shampoo.

I checked out the biotin shampoo and conditioner at GNC but I realized that this was not for me just becuase of the ingredients in it.

The biotion shampoo and conditioner also have a minty freshness to them.
~kitty Brite
JessicaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 1:53pm
Prenatel vitamins are a very good viatamin for the growth of your hair and nails. But if your looking fora good shampoo I would suggest Nioxin Scalp treatment, it has a mint smell to it and gives your scalp a really refreshing feeling. I honestly think it`s an awesome product/hairline. Good luck to you :)
JessicaRose
Alix View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 1:18pm
No vitamin, mineral etc. is going to do a thing when put on the hair. Hair is dead as soon as it leaves the growth cell (that`s why we don`t say "Ouch" when we get a haircut). Of course, that doesn`t mean that adding different substances can`t make it look more full, shiny etc., but these are only window dressings. It`s for the same reasons why we use fabric softener after washing clothes--makes them plumper, softer etc.

When a product advertises that it has nutrients for hair (you see a lot of shampoos with vitamins) it will do nothing for the hair. Nutrients must be taken internally for any benefits, and unfortunately we have to wait a LONG time and take them consistently to see healthier hair.

I hate when manufacturers take advantage of people by trying to convince us that we can dump vitamins on our hair and expect the dead cells to just lap it up! A healthy diet plus a good daily vitamin pill (some are formulated to help the hair form a better structure while it`s still growing in the follicle) is the secret for good looking hair.

A good hair day to all!
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 5:04pm
I saw the shampoo at my local store but wasn`t real impressed with it. I can`t remember the exact reason why but I have a feeling there was a harsh ingredient in it. I guess I`m just hesisitant about using it. I thought the biotin worked from the inside for growth.
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 9:36pm
Has anyone heard or tried this shampoo or conditioner it`s called biotin shampoo. And apparentally it contains biotin but what else does it have for the list of ingredients? :)
Just curious! But my GNC didn`t have it :(
~Kitty Brite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic