Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBIOTIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Shawty4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Shawty4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOTIN
    Posted: December 06 2002 at 12:15pm
Has anyone used biotin for hair growth with positive results? Please give me info...Thanks!
Commited to long hair by 6 months
from now
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2002 at 3:51pm
hey there! i have been taking biotin for three months now. i decided to take it for the sake of hair health, not necessarily faster growth. i haven`t seen a huge change in my hair- it didn`t take off like a weed or anything but it seems to be going just a tad bit faster if at all. my biggest thing is that i hope it makes my hair stronger as it gets longer. i HAVE heard other people saying how they got good results with faster hair growth from it though.
KittyBrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittyBrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 8:35pm
Ha. Yes hair will grow faster, in *all* places it will grow faster including the unwanted hair. But not all the time.
I have no idea why biotin does that.. it just does for some reason.

~Kitty Brite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Shawty4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2002 at 6:24am
Kitty Brite, have you had any personal experiences with biotin?
from now
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Platinum Shawty4 Platinum Shawty4 wrote:

I;ve been using Biotin for a while now, and I`ve noticed a change in my hair growth and condition. I`ve upped to Super Biotin, and the results are brill!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Shawty4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2002 at 7:27am
thanks! I`ve been using it for about 2 weeks now, I guess I have to wait tho to see some significant results!
from now
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2003 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Platinum Shawty4 Platinum Shawty4 wrote:

Yes, I have I take a lot of biotin actually. It does definately grow your hair. Maybe not at 5 inches per month (which is pretty much un heard of in the first place) but I`ve seen a difference.
~Kitty brite
BABYBRAT701 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BABYBRAT701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2003 at 11:29am
I really want to grow my hair LONG... but i dont want it to take forever!! I was thinking about capilong but i dont know ..it says it makes ur hair thicker and mine is thick enough....what should i use that will make my hair grow longer but not thicker??
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 9:44pm
How MUCH Biotin does everyone take? I just started taking 1000mcg/1mg
cutelillady02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 11:03pm
I take 5mg of biotin per day.
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 10:14am
Originally posted by cutelillady02 cutelillady02 wrote:

I take 5mg of biotin per day.

Hi. Did you gradually increase your intake to 5mg?
Do you notice more growth?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 12:30pm
I've been on biotin for about 2 weeks the first week I started taking 2.5 mg then I was reading on another group how biotin and B5 helps to thicken and grow your hair so I doubled it because the girl said you need at least 3mg. I got a perm about a week and a 1/2 ago and I can already feel a lot of new growth so I would say that it's helping.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 7:02pm
I am now feeling the effects of the biotin. My scalp its strarting to itch, I have my hair in cornrows and new growth is starting to pop out everywhere.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 12:24pm
how much is to much? i take 600mcg 3 to 4 times a day.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 2:33pm
According to the FDA, the recommended daily allowance of biotin for adults is .3 milligrams. If you take more than that, it will not provide additional benefit. Your body can only absorb and use so many vitamins over the course of a day, and any additional amount over that limit is simply excreated (now THERE'S a lovely thought!) You can't fill a 5-gallon bucket with 10 gallons of water; likewise, you only benefit from taking the RDA of biotin, which is 300 mcg. This number can vary depending upon which country's agency is determining the RDA.

Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

According to the FDA, the recommended daily allowance of biotin for adults is .3 milligrams. If you take more than that, it will not provide additional benefit. Your body can only absorb and use so many vitamins over the course of a day, and any additional amount over that limit is simply excreated (now THERE'S a lovely thought!) You can't fill a 5-gallon bucket with 10 gallons of water; likewise, you only benefit from taking the RDA of biotin, which is 300 mcg. This number can vary depending upon which country's agency is determining the RDA.

only 300mcg a day? my biotin is 600mcg for just one. i got new ones that our 800mcg that saids you can take 3times a day. this is odd if only 300mcg is the recommended amout.
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:44am
Check out this site... it has bottles of biotin for buy 1 get 2 free! I just ordered 3 bottles (100/bottle) of 1000mcg pills and with shipping it was less than $11. I thought it was a good deal. :)

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=FFB6583E0D5D457180F71832F6CAEE19&PID=94&np=0

Becky
Karrinne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:21pm
Lyris,
The RDA is the amount that is recommended to keep one from getting deficiency diseases, NOT the maximum amount one should take daily. Many many vitamins, including biotin, C, all of the Bs are useful in amounts much greater than the RDA.
The only vitamins that can be potentially harmful at large doses, which need to be researched as to that amount, I don't know off the top of my head, are A, D & E, which are fat soluble and collect in the body and build up.
All the other vitamins are water soluble and the amounts not needed by the body pass out through the urine.
Don't mean to sound bossy or like Miss Knowitall, but have studied vitamins and nutrition for several years. (And had to listen to ex hubby and his mama talk on it for years prior to that!
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 8:57pm
Wow Karrinne, that's good information. I'm always a little nervous about taking vitamins.

Does anyone take Biotin in addition to Nourishair? I know there's already Biotin in Nourishair, but it's not much. And if Biotin makes hair grow faster, then BRING IT ON!

Tee-hee I'm turning into a vitamin junkee. I should probably see a doctor about all this before I turn myself into a petrie dish.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 11:24am
Quote uperGrover originally wrote

Tee-hee I'm turning into a vitamin junkee.

i know what you mean supergrover. i'm a vitamin junkie i take:
1. biotin
2. silica
3. omega 3
4. cod liver
5. b complex
6. a multi vitimin
i keep saying i'm not gong to buy anymore but i still find away to buy more lol. the good news is i think they are working. i'm keeping my fingers cross.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic