Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedViviscal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
terri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viviscal
    Posted: December 25 2002 at 2:43am
I saw an article in a hair magazine about how great it works, especially for thyroid problems & damaged hair recover. I am thinking about trying it. Any thoughts?
teRRI
Carly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2002 at 6:49am
I am taking Viviscal and have for about 6 months. It is easy to take with just 2 tabs a day and it is working wonderfully on my hair that was falling out because of an overactive thyroid condition. My doctor even asked how I had gotten my hair back. I gave him my Viviscal box and he said he was going to tell his other patients who had lost hair due to thyroid problems. It works, at least for me.

Carly
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2003 at 4:58pm
oh my goodness! i have thyroid disease and i have lost so much hair! how much does this cost?
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 2:11pm
I have been taking Viviscal for about two weeks now (too soon to tell anything, I know) -- so far, I've noticed about 1/4 inch of growth. That's probably about normal for me for that amount of time. What I'd like to know is, can anyone share their experiences with this product? How did you like it, and when did you see results? I am also taking Biotin, and I know some people say it's best to combine Viviscal with Hairtopia. What does everyone think of that? Thanks!

Wendi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 2:54pm
Viviscal actually works great! I have been taking it for four months now and have had absolutely amazing results. I also take Hair Formula 37 with it and in this combination I have had growth of over an inch and a half per month! I take one Viviscal, 2 Step Two HF-37, and one Step One HF-37 in the morning. At night I take one Viviscal and two Step Two HF-37. I should also mention that I too have had thyroid problems and my hair was falling out daily in extreme amounts. I was at the end of my rope! I was taking just HF-37 and it helped but not enough. Combined with Viviscal my hair STOPPED falling out and I have new regrowth and it is growing so fast! I highly reccommend this product. Please don't give up. Stay on it. It took two months before I really started to notice a change. Good luck!
Carla Cason View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carla Cason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 12:14am
I agree that coupling Viviscal with a hair vitamin gets wonderful results. I tried to take H37 about 1 year ago but saw no noticeable results. My internist told me that because I have a history of digestive problems, that I could not digest the thick heavy H37 tablets which take some time to break down in the system. Luckily I discovered HairTopia which is a much easier to digest capsule. In fact, my doctor suggested that I open the capsule and pour the vitamin into my morning juice to give me a kick start and for even quicker absorbtion. Once I coupled the HairTopia with the Viviscal I saw immediate and excellent results as was mentioned above. Ironically I was not aware of the problems that some people have digesting tablets. I also switched my B vitamins to a capsule like HairTopia's and that helped as well.

My doctor also told me that people that take a lot of antacids do better with capsules than tablets whether hair vitamins or any other type of supplement. So keep thatin mind if you have any digestive or stomach issues and are taking tablets of any kind.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 10:00am
Thank you for your comments, Wendi and Carla. I''m going to continue to take it, along with the Biotin. Who knows, I might even add a hair vitamin into the mix! I''ll definitely post my results. :)

Janice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 2:49pm
Hi,

Actually the digestive problems now makes a lot of sense to me and I had not thought about it before. I also tried taking H37 with no results. Then I switched to a Whole Foods formula and it was a capsule and I definitely noticed a difference. Finally I tried the HairTopia and noticed an even bigger impact. The deal is, I have major stomach problems. So I guess maybe i am one of those people mentioned above that don't digest tablets and should stick to capsules.

Great info. Thanks.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 8:10pm
I would like to ask a question about Viviscal.

Why is it so dern expensive???

$50 a month is a lot of money to spend, even with fantastic results. That's $600 a year!

I need a better salary.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 9:22pm
I know what you mean, Viviscal is mucho $$$. I hate to spend that much for it, but my hair grows so slowly, I'm ready to try anything. Now, here's my question, it's been about a month now since I've started taking it. My hair's grown a half inch, if that. Some people say their hair shoots out an inch and a half, even the first month. Why not me? :( Oh, well, hoping for better results soon.

Wendi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 9:57am
Don't give up on Viviscal. It really really does work. It took me about 2 months until I saw noticeable results. I am now just past four months on it and my hair is growing so fast! Last month it grew and inch and a half. Of course I am pairing it with HF-37. I also just ordered Hairtopia amino acids as I have heard that they work better than HF-37. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, just stay on the program, you really won't be disappointed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 4:16pm
Thanks, Wendi, I really needed that. I plan to stay on it and really give it a chance. I think I'm going to throw some vitamins in the mix, too. Thanks again.
minnieme View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnieme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2003 at 2:49am
has anyone tried a knock off of viviscal? there are marine protein tablets.. wondering how they compare to viviscal. i also heard viviscal is just shark cartilage?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 6:47pm
I just wanted to add that I've started taking the Vitamin Shoppe's Hair Skin and Nails formula in addition to Viviscal. They recommend three pills a day of the stuff, but, man, that is a megadose of most of the vitamins in it. So, I'm starting off with one a day. We'll see what happens! It's been exactly one month since I've started Viviscal, and I've had 1/2 inch of growth so far. So, we'll see what we get next month!

Georgia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 10:34pm
Viviscal is great. I have been taking it for several months and I have really had several noticeable benefits from longer and better hair to better skin. Why even try the knock off version. It isn't that much cheaper and from what I have heard it just doesn't work. Why not go for the real stuff or you are just wasting your time and money.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 10:37pm
Just wanted to file my 2 month report on taking Viviscal. In two months, I've seen exactly one inch of growth. Not terrible, but not as good as I was hoping for. So, we'll give it another month and I'll report again.
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2003 at 5:22pm
Im trying viviscal at the moment. its my first time and I want to know what results ppl have seen so far. I am aiming for thicker and longer healthier hair....im only 19 but my hair has thinned out significantly over the last few years. Anyone's opinion of the product is appreciated. Thanks!
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2003 at 9:25pm
HELLO EVERYONE! It's been a while since I've written on this site. Been in a little world of mine but I've decided to venture out. Anyhoo, I found a website that sells it for 43.99 and that's not too bad. I'm thinking of trying it for 6 months at least and then see.

http://www.hairvitamins.net/viviscal/?source=overture&OVRAW=viviscal&OVKEY=viviscal&OVMTC=standard

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 2:55pm
Just filing a report on my first couple days of using viviscal. So far...my hair loss has seemed to decrease and even stopped. This morning I woke up with NO hair on my pillow. Thats a first. But lets not get our hopes up too high....I'll wait to see how my progress goes. :D
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 10:12am
It's been about 2 weeks. Not sure if im seeing any major changes in my hair so far. But I'll commit for a lil while and see how it turns out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic