Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThiamin and Vitamin World's "Mega Vitamins for the Hair"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thiamin and Vitamin World's "Mega Vitamins for the Hair"
    Posted: April 27 2003 at 1:04am
So I was at the Mega Mall in West Nyack today. (It's really called the Palisades Center, but the place is just MAMMOTH.) Anyway, they have every shop under the sun there, EXCEPT a GNC! So I couldn't buy more Ultra Nourishair. Unfortunately I did find other things to spend money on. I found a Grover t-shirt at Hot Topic!!

Ahem... ANYWAY. They had a store called Vitamin World. Which I see is based in NY, so maybe they only have stores in this part of the country.

Vitamin World sells something called "Mega Vitamins for the Hair." Which I looked at but quickly put down, because the label said it contains 5,600% of your RDV of Thiamin!
Now, on this board, we've talked about lots of things that help hair grow, but Thiamin is almost never mentioned. I searched, it's in like 2 posts from last fall, that's it.
So what is the deal?? I would never take 5,600% of my RDV of ANYTHING without consulting a doctor or nutritionist first! I feel reluctant about taking 500% of something!

Incidently, this Mega Vitamins for the Hair stuff is also loaded with Vitamins C, B-2, B-6, B-12, and a goodly amount of Biotin. I know you're supposed to not get too much of the B vitamins, so that also makes me question this product.

Any thoughts?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 5:49pm
Thiamin is another name for Vitamin B1. I agree that one should not be taking 5600% of the recommended daily value of it!

The Vitamin B-complex (B1, B2, B6, B12), like Vitamin C, are water-soluble vitamins, meaning that extra doses will be removed from the body through urine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic