Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHF 37 vs. Hairtopia vs. Ultra Nourishair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HF 37 vs. Hairtopia vs. Ultra Nourishair
    Posted: May 31 2003 at 12:42am
Has anyone out there tried all 3? Or 2 of the three?
Would you please speak from experience and compare the 2 for us? Is it worth the money to buy $50/month vitamins?
Or should I stick with my $16 for 2 months Ultra Nourishair??

I'd love for my hair to grow faster and stronger, and I'm satisfied with the Ultra Nourishair, but I wouldn't say it impresses me. Maybe I need to take the dive and start spending more dough.

Any thoughts?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
cutelillady02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 4:47pm
Hairtopia sucks ultanourishhair works way better

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 5:04pm
Really? Wow. Who-da-thunk-it. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 5:50pm
Um.

This is not really answering your question, but......

....my hair grew a little slower on a low-protein diet including HF-37, than on a high-protein diet without HF-37 or any vit pills whatsoever.
Uzi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 10:20pm
That's definitely interesting. I try to get as much protein in my diet as possible... but I'm really not into careful diet planning. I just try to grab more milk instead of water or fruit drinks or whatever. And protein bars instead of candy bars.

But I guess I'll keep on with the Ultra Nourishair. I don't mind paying $6 a month for it. It does make me shed so much less, if I'm not getting any other benefits. (It's $12 for a 2 month supply if you sign up for their 20% discount card... which was only worth the $15/year because my husband buys a lot of stuff at GNC)

Thanks for the input!
Ronda22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 5:38am
OK everyone here is my story.....
my hair, if i'm lucky, grows about 1/4 inch a month, i have fine hair, but i have a lot of it. I was growing my hair long, until one day i went to my hairdresser and she cut like 3-4 inches off. i cried for 3 days!! it was awful! i had reached my shoulders, and now it was up under my ear!! so i started researching.... and what i eventually did was order Hairtopia. Oh my goodness, I am a believer!!! my nails took off right away. I work in a chemistry lab, and i am exposed to a lot of solvents, causing my nails to be short and not healthy. i noticed the first week a huge difference in my nails. by the way, I have always measure my hair, lets just say i'm an obsessive compulsive person about my hair. so when i got my hairsut, the top measured 6". in two weeks, NO LIE, i noticed a 1/2" of growth!! I have been taking the hairtopia faithfully and have noticed a HUGE improvement in my hair, it feels fuller, and its softer and more manageble. I am starting my 4th week on Hairtopia today, and I will certainly be ordering more!!! I just finished painting my nails, i cant tell you the last time i was able to paint my nails and have them look so nice!!!
so for those of you out there, please give Hairtopia a try, this is what i figured..what have i got to lose? if it doesnt work, i can get my money back, no money lost....
i really am happy with my hair cut now, i have gotten a ton of compliments on y hair this past week. people love how it looks, and finally, so do I !!!!!
Good luck to all of you, I know how SLOW it is to grow out hair!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 10:58pm
Ooops. See below.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 10:59pm
Wow! Hmmm. I know different things work for different people. Maybe I'll try Hairtopia. I hate to get hooked on something so expensive. But if I get this new job, maybe I can afford it!

Thanks for sharing that! I have fine, slow growing hair, too. So that's good to know.
Ronda22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 6:22am
SuperGrover,
I thought the same thing, wow, thats so expensive, but when i hate my hair, and i'm either cutting it or perming it because I think i always need something to do with it, and i spend countless money on products that make it thick, make it fuller, make it everything its not!!! i figure i spend at least 39 and MORE on all that, that by taking this stuff, i am improving the "inner" part of my hair, which makes the "outer" part of my hair look better, then i'm not spending all that money on cuts, perms and products. i also belive that different things work for diferent people. but i am a huge believer in natural products, and i'm not the greatest eater, i try to stay thin, so i dont eat as much, i work out every day, but my food intake is not as much so i dont get the vitamins i need, so therefore, since these vitamins are super packed with everything i need for good health, i can also justify in that regard to my overall health, with the added benefit of great hair and nail growth!! see, i have just justified the heck out of taking this stuff!!! and i am analytical by nature, and have researched intensely on the ingredients, and since these vitamins have MSM and Biotin...MSM has been found to help people with severe arthritis etc, go to this awesome website to read about MSM.
http://www.nutriteam.com/msm.htm
ANyways, like i said, because there is a money back guarentee, what have you got to lose?????
try it, you may like it, and you may not, but you can always give it back if you dont.
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 5:19pm
I tried ultranourishair and my face broke out. I would like to try it again but I am afraid. Are there any alternative supplements that I can take that is not so expensive?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 9:06pm
I see your point, Ronda, but I think I will stick with Ultra Nourishair for now. It seems to be doing me good. Not only my hair, but my nails are super strong, too.

And CrazyGirl, I read other people say that Nourishair made them break out. I haven't had that problem, though. In fact, my skin seems to have improved! Less zits, better skin tone. still dry though.

beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 2:52pm
I am curious to try Ultra Nourishair or Rexall Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. Which one of these is better? Do I take multi-vitamin with that or forego it? I am curious to try either one for extra boost although my hair grows pretty fast on its own and is already thick to begin with. Must be the food lol.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 5:18pm
i was wondering the same thing. do you take a multi vitamin also? also how much biotin is to much? in the ultra nourishair it has 2400mcg. can you also take more?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 10:57am
I've never tried Rexall brand or anything but Ultra Nourishair. I do take Biotin every day on top of that, because I couldn't find any website that would tell me too much was harmful. But I don't see it helping my hair grow faster, so I think I'll drop the additional Biotin when this bottle runs out.

I'm not convinced Ultra Nourishair helps it grow stronger... I still have a good deal of frizz and breakage near my scalp, and I've been taking it for 3 months now. It might help it grow a LITTLE faster. What I can say it definitely does do is make me shed FAR less. My hairbrush and comb have far less hair in them. And I don't have loose hairs all over my clothes like I used to. Just cat hair now.
I am so tempted to try Hairtopia because of the great reviews it has here in the HB marketplace. It is much more expensive than other brands, so maybe I'll start with the amino acids. I can't find anything similar around anywhere else that's an amino acid multi like Hairtopia offers.

And Beachgerl, I still take a regular multi for overall health. Though recently I decided the Ultra Nourishair gave me most of what I wanted, so I just take Iron and Calcium on the side. Don't want to get too much E and B vitamins and Folic Acid, that's not good for your liver.
TKDKix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKDKix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 12:11pm
[QUOTE=Ronda22] ! so i started researching.... and what i eventually did was order Hairtopia. Oh my goodness, I am a believer!!! my nails took off right away.

I have been using Hairtopia for about 5 weeks, and I am noticing a TREMENDOUS change in my nails, too! They are growing like crazy, and there aren't any more ridges in them!

I have always measure my hair, lets just say i'm an obsessive compulsive person about my hair. so when i got my hairsut, the top measured 6". in two weeks, NO LIE, i noticed a 1/2" of growth!!

I measure my hair, too! I have had 1 1/4" growth in 5 weeks! WOW! BTW, people think I'm obsessive about my hair, too!

so for those of you out there, please give Hairtopia a try, this is what i figured..what have i got to lose? if it doesnt work, i can get my money back, no money lost....

I agree-give it a try, and I think you should try it for a month at least. I agree that not everything will work for everybody, but it's worth a try.

Today not possible, tomorrow possible!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic