Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking For A Good Salon In Nashville, TN?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking For A Good Salon In Nashville, TN?
    Posted: March 29 2003 at 5:01pm
Please don't recommend Bishops, I have been there and did not like the outcome. Looking for somewhere else that might have a good colorists on staff. I will dry anywhere in a 50 mile radius.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 5:09pm
Hi,

I just answered this question yesterday so it is fresh in my mind.

Please note that I can not guarantee that any of these salons will make you happy or provide you with the hair services you desire......but they are a starting point for your research. You will need to take the next step which is checking out each salon. Ask your friends and acquaintances as well. They may have heard of the salons or have a better recommendation.

The following salons are included on the Haircolorists list and should have certified colorists:

JJ Sneed - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
5115 Harding Rd. Nashville TN, 37205
(615) 352-4464

Judy Deluca - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
5115 Harding Road Nashville TN, 37205
(615) 352-4464

Richard Martin - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
(615) 352-4464

Kathleen Minton - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
5115 HARDING RD NASHVILLE TN, 37205
(615) 352-4464

Nancy Baxter - Hair Expressions
245 Franklin Rd. Brentwood TN, 37027
(615) 373-2415

Sandra Haynes - What's New Hair Design
1313 Memorial Blvd Murfreesboro TN, 37129
(615) 890-5020

Darlene Rhodes - Whats New Hair Design
(615) 890-5020

Colleen Myers - Lookers
510 AW. Main Street Lebanon TN, 37087
(615) 453-8324

Please remember that BEFORE you book for any hair work that you book a paid consultation ONLY. That way you can go to the salon and check it out, talk with the stylist, pay for their time and get their input and then decide if you want to take the plunge and let them work on your hair.

Even better, before you make an appointment for a paid consultation drive by and check out the place. Does it look clean? Do you fit with the clientele that seems to be coming/going from the shop?

If you think you would like to visit the salon for a consultation, walk inside and look around and book a paid consultation.

Remember to give yourself at least 24 hours before you go back for hair work. This gives you time to have buyers remorse and be sure.

Finally, please please post your own recommendations for stylists and salons here in this forum. Who can help better than our peers who go through the same hair struggles that we all do.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
SN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 10:36am
Thank you for your referral to Illusions Salon - Richard Martin. He did an excellent job. I would refer him to anybody. I am also very pleased because after searching for 2 1/2yrs, my search for a hairstylist is finally over.

Thank you
Shaza
Ingrid Miller View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:13pm
Speaking of Nashville, there is a great spa there called the Tiba de Nuhad Khoury and they have a great treatment for tired skin and eyes called the Bio Structure Facial Treatment. It is heavenly. I was there on business and someone recommended it and although it is a little pricy ($125 for about 75 minutes of treatment) it made a total difference in how my eyes looked. They definitely did not look as puffy or wrinkled and my face felt wonderful.

Just thought I would share.
susanvb1972 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanvb1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I tried Richard at Hair Illusions also and he was great! I drove 2 hours to go to him and it was worth it. Thanks again! I highly recommend him.

Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi,

I just answered this question yesterday so it is fresh in my mind.

Please note that I can not guarantee that any of these salons will make you happy or provide you with the hair services you desire......but they are a starting point for your research. You will need to take the next step which is checking out each salon. Ask your friends and acquaintances as well. They may have heard of the salons or have a better recommendation.

The following salons are included on the Haircolorists list and should have certified colorists:

JJ Sneed - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
(615) 352-4464

Judy Deluca - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
5115 Harding Road Nashville TN, 37205
(615) 352-4464

Richard Martin - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
(615) 352-4464

Kathleen Minton - Illusions Salon & Day Spa
5115 HARDING RD NASHVILLE TN, 37205
(615) 352-4464

Nancy Baxter - Hair Expressions
245 Franklin Rd. Brentwood TN, 37027
(615) 373-2415

Sandra Haynes - What's New Hair Design
(615) 890-5020

Darlene Rhodes - Whats New Hair Design
(615) 890-5020

Colleen Myers - Lookers
510 AW. Main Street Lebanon TN, 37087
(615) 453-8324

Please remember that BEFORE you book for any hair work that you book a paid consultation ONLY. That way you can go to the salon and check it out, talk with the stylist, pay for their time and get their input and then decide if you want to take the plunge and let them work on your hair.

Even better, before you make an appointment for a paid consultation drive by and check out the place. Does it look clean? Do you fit with the clientele that seems to be coming/going from the shop?

If you think you would like to visit the salon for a consultation, walk inside and look around and book a paid consultation.

Remember to give yourself at least 24 hours before you go back for hair work. This gives you time to have buyers remorse and be sure.

Finally, please please post your own recommendations for stylists and salons here in this forum. Who can help better than our peers who go through the same hair struggles that we all do.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic