Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salons In Atlanta?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salons In Atlanta?
    Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:06pm
I have heard great things about Bob Steele in Atlanta but what other salons can folks recommend or at least point me to?

Thanks,
Berry
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 3:56pm
Oh, there are lots of great salons in Altanta and the surrounding area. I liked Siggers (Carol Siggers is one of the best). Elon Salon in Marietta is good too but depending on where you live it can be a very long drive. Most of the Buckhead salons are great but the trick is finding a good stylist in them. I went to Van at VanMichael for years. He is one of the best but probably very hard to get an appointment with. I think they have two locations and a trainee place now. I went to the one in Buckhead but there is also a Midtown location too. If you can find Charles Calhoun he is great but I am not sure where he is working now. I heard he had his own salon which might be called Redds or something. There used to be a salon called Style on Peachtree and the owner (Jack, I think) was very good. There is also Zapiens on Piedmont (close to the Peachtree intersection) and they were featured on Fashion Emergency. A girl there used to cut my hair and she was very good. If you pick up a hair style magazine, a lot of the Atlanta salons and stylists are featured so that is a great way to find specific stylists.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:00pm
Hi Demodoll,

I have dealt with the folks at Siggers and they are wonderful. I can't speak to their hair work but if their stylists do anything like the photos they sent me...they are very talented.

I have also heard great things about Van at VanMichael as well.

Thanks for all the good tips. Very informative and helpful...as always. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 4:20pm
Thanks Karen!

They work very fast at Siggers so it doesn't take but a few days to get an appointment. They also steralize and wrap their brushes after each use so you always get a clean brush.

I thought of another salon that I used. It is Jamison Shaw. They have several locations.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic