Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dominican Salon In Rich, VA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NessaNessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NessaNessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dominican Salon In Rich, VA?
    Posted: January 28 2005 at 6:52pm
HI does anyone know of a really good Dominican salon in the Richmond, VA area? OR anywhere in VA? Thanks In Advance for your help...Nessa
Love yourself like you want others to
love you!!!
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 6:36pm
my boyfriend is Dominican and his mom had the same problem when she moved..if you cant find any Dominican salons--look for a salon around there that advertises themselves as a "New York Salon"...Many of them are ran by Latinas who will be familiar with your hair type. or you could also just ask some of your Dominican friends where they go...;)
Sara
NessaNessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NessaNessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 11:28am
Thanks, I'll give it a try!!!!
Love yourself like you want others to
love you!!!
Saundra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saundra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 10:05am
Myra 2000
5732 Hull Street Road
Richmond, Va 23234
804-674-8280

My Stylist name is Laura.....
KEKE05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KEKE05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 10:40am
Well..hopefully this helps I get my hair done at a Dominican salon but its in D.C.,its called Visions Hair Salon.They are really good there,and they take care of your hair.
IVAN1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVAN1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 2:57am
do you konw the salon's e-mail thankyou very much
I want find friend at here and i am a Chinese businesser i can supply the lowest price toupee wig and hair extensions all year round for you
NLantigua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NLantigua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2008 at 3:16pm
If your ever in NY go to Annabelle 212-674-7247 they go great blow out and wash &set and when it comes to relaxers they dont overprocess hair.  They really care about your hair.
BIKINBETTYBOOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIKINBETTYBOOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 10:03am
Another Dominican salon in Richmond is
Martha's Beauty Salon
6220 Hull St. Rd
suite B
richmond, VA23224
804-675-0008
www.marthabeautysalon.com/
Ms. Chocalate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Chocalate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 3:22pm

I have visited Martha's Salon on Hull ST on many occasions. I love this place it's cheap and there fast and my hair is always right. Don’t get me wrong some are better than others but for the most part everybody’s does the same thing. I have not found a special person that I want to assign to my hair yet …I’m still working the room LOL I try to go every 2 weeks because of the heat technique is so intense, but it really helps your new growth. I love them because there fast cheap and my hair is always on point. And there a lot cheaper than black salons and the results are SOMEWHAT better. They have another one called Myra 2000 I have never been there and I pass it on the way to Martha. There never really that busy and they both are on the same street about a block away from each other. Sundays are jumping ……be AWAREEEEEEEE

dominicanbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dominicanbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 9:59pm
There is one in Petersburg right now.
dominican beauty salon
3333 s. crater rd suite 4d
petersburg, va 23805
tel 804 481 7172

dominican
dominicanstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dominicanstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 5:16pm
Here is our salon email address.  We are interested in your products.

Shear Genius Dominican Salon
3355 Hwy 78
Ste B
Snellville, GA 30078
678-698-9433

Now hiring licensed hair stylist & barbers

Edited by dominicanstyle - September 19 2010 at 3:31pm
Marianela Salon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianela Salon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 4:20pm
Marianela Dominican Hair Salon
8715 W Broad St
Henrico Va 23294
mano1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mano1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 3:34pm
The best Dominican Style salon in Richmond, VA is Christy's Hair Salon @ 6332 Midlothian Tnpk.

I am from New York and have the luxury of having tons of Dominican Hair Salon's at practically every corner. I come to Richmond Virginia once a year and when I am in need of some hair care (my hair is natural but they also care for permed hair), I trust no other "Dominican style" salon in Richmond but Christy's. The staff straightens my hair perfectly and when I want to style my hair curly they also have Deva products to moisturize my curls back to life. The salon is huge unlike the other Dominican style salon's nearby that are cramped and tiny. I did not have to wait long at all as a walk-in and the prices are very reasonable (20 bucks for a wash and set.) I also got a manicure (10) and pedicure (15) to while I was doing my hair so it allowed me to save tons of time.

On Tue and Wed the wash and set price is $15.
mano1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mano1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 3:35pm
Check out my post below for my fave DR salon in Richmond. Hope this helps
bonitassalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2014 at 10:47am
A Dominican New York style salon is in Virgina in Chesterfield & Colonial Heights.  It's Bonitas Dominican Beauty Salon which specializes in African American Hair.

They offer all types of hair services from traditional wash & sets to color and Brazilians. 

Edited by bonitassalon - May 30 2014 at 5:04am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2014 at 10:48am
Bonitas Beauty Salon on the Blvd in Colonial Heights offers the Brazillian Keratin straightening treatment...and caters to African American Hair.

Contact Jeame Bonitas to make your appointment or for more info...
804-520-4001...
3635 BOULEVARD COLONIAL HEIGHTS VA 23834

Edited by bonitassalon - May 30 2014 at 5:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:09am
BTW...I found out recently that HairBoutique.com (owner of HairTalk forums here) has a free salon directory.  They will list your salon and contact info for their millions of annual visitors.

All you have to do is send an email to customercare@hairboutique.com with all your salon information including:

Salon Name
Salon Address, City, State, Zip
Salon Phone Number
Type of hair services you provide
Contact info with email & phone number
Website if you have one.

If you send an email and ask them to include you in their free salon directory, they are only too happy to help.  They love salons.  They just don't like advertisements posted in HairTalk.  :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic