Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fine Wavy Hair Yuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Julia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine Wavy Hair Yuck
    Posted: May 11 2003 at 8:34pm
Hi,

I have fine hair but a hairdresser said I had a lot of hair. It is wavy and it gets very oily. I have to wash it every day or it looks oily. Does anyone have this combination of hair and if so how have you delt with it? All I want is beautiful shiny hair. I do not care what color or if it is straight or anything. I would love to have it very long though. I love long hair. It is currently at my bra strap. All I have done to it is added some blond highlights to my medium brown hair. I also have long layers cut in the ends. I would love to hear from someone on how to take care of hair like this. It always looks boring. It just lays there and sort of clumps together. The only time it looks good is after it is brushed. The waves just make it look messy like I just rolled out of bed. I have thought about maybe dying it all over just to dry it out so it would not get so oily but I worry about it damaging it to much. At one time I had a perm and I loved it. It looked great and it was no longer oily because it dried it out but how do you keep a perm? If you perm over the old permed hair it ruins it. I tried cutting layers and just perming the new hair on the top layers. That sort of worked but eventually the old perm went so flat that it looked bad. I gave up and now it is gone. That was a long time ago. If anyone has had success with fine, wavy, oily type hair please let me know what to do. Or if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Julia
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 4:26pm
I don't have hair like yours but I have a friend who does and she always looks great. She actually encourages the waviness by scrunching it to dry and never, never brushes through it after the initial comb out from washing it. You may be stuck with washing it every day. I know I am. Use an oil control shampoo or even a clarifying shampoo and don't use any conditioner. Then try to find a light gel and see if you can encourage your waves. A good hairdresser should be able to cut it and help you figure out how to style it so that it looks beautiful.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
rika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2004 at 12:36pm
I have hair similar to yours.
It's sometimes wavy but usually straight with very strange, wild kicks at the bottom.
It's gets greasy after a day of washing it but I wash it daily even though I shouldn't. I use frequent wash shampoo and conditioner. If you're going to use conditioner only do it on the ends!
If you have a very "tubby" face do NOT cut it! I cut mine, and it's taking forever to grow and I look horrible.
Love me, k? xXx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic