Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thin hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunni deeeeeeelite View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunni deeeeeeelite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thin hair
    Posted: June 10 2003 at 2:16pm
demodoll...how do you not use a conditioner? isnt your hair hard to comb ....mine feels liek straw if i dont use a conditioner.....maybe your hair is thicker than mine, what is the texture?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 4:55pm
My hair is baby fine and thin. I used to use conditioner but found it made my hair look very greasy. Even the kinds for fine hair. If I were living in a different climate I might need a bit on the ends of my hair in the winter when the air is heated and static electricity can be a problem. But living in south Florida where the air is so humid, conditioner would be a disaster. My hair is pretty oily too.

I get around the tangle problem by using a light spray gel and then combing with a wide tooth comb, carefully, beginning at the ends. My hair is pretty short so tangles aren't too big a problem for me. My hairdressers all tell me to never use conditioner (at least when my hair is healthy--I had some bad perms that required buckets of it). Really long hair would probably require some conditioning at the ends I guess. Most fine haired people I know can't get really long hair though. I just looks too stringy.

My hair feels yucky when it is wet but it definitely drys silky. I would have to wash it twice a day if I conditioned. I think the volume is better too with no conditioner to weight it down.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
GLORY View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GLORY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 2:34pm
CLARYIFYING SHAMPOOS-if a claryfying shampoo give syou that squeaky clean feeling, does it mean all other shampoos leave buildup on your hair or is it that these particular shampoos strip your hair....i have see through thin hair(awful) and i tries a clarifyer and it left it so dry that i had to use a bottl of conditioner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic