Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fine hair fly-aways

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bestscreennameever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bestscreennameever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine hair fly-aways
    Posted: November 07 2003 at 7:24am
I have long, fine hair with some breakage. I do blow-dry my hair (usually upside down to try to get a little volume). I used to use mousse but haven't in quite some time because I can't find any products that don't make my hair feel sticky or greasy. It is difficult to achieve the smooth look because of the fly-aways of the breakage...can anyone recommend anything...preferably something that doesn't change the way my hair feels too much? Thanks. :)
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 8:35am
You probably won't like this but I would suggest a trim first to get rid of some of the bad ends. Depending on how far up the hair shaft the breakage is occurring a trim could stop it. Believe it or not, even if your hair is a bit shorter it will look better because it will look healthier and fuller. Fine hair is difficult to maintain when it is long and requires frequent trims to keep it in good shape. The other thing might be a leave in conditioner. I think Redkin makes one specifically for split ends. I can't remember the exact name but it has Snap in it. Good luck.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 9:11am
Redken Anti-Snap is a brilliant product (it's a leave-in conditioner), but it won't give you any hold for styling. I always liked Sebastian Potion 9 for body, shine, conditioning, and light hold.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a mousse that doesn't change the way my hair feels, though some are worse than others. I like Clairol Herbal Essences Natural Volume Bodifying Foam. My hair is still soft, but I can tell something is in there.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 8:27pm
I find that fabric softener dryer sheets rubbed on the hair work wonders for eliminating fly-aways!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic