Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Layers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layers
    Posted: May 18 2004 at 11:50pm
Do layers make fine have seem thicker or do they make it
worse? I don't have any layers now but I am thinking of adding some.
Also is is just me or does hair seem thicker after coloring?
Lilly
mother of Emmah a beautiful baby girl born 12/29/03 Soon to be Mother of twin baby girls due 10/31/04
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 7:15am
I think it depends on how the layers are done. If you just have a few, well-placed layers, they can look thicker due to not having so much weight to pull them down flat. However, too many layers or layers not done well can make fine hair seem too thin and straggly. Probably it would help to make sure you got a stylist who knew fine hair well, to know what to do to make it look its best.
Dyeing your hair does make it seem a little thicker. . . I can't remember right now if it coats the hair shaft or makes the cuticle swell, though. *is really tired*
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 1:00pm
I think the success of layers also depends on the overall length of your hair. Mine is HORRIBLE with any layers when it is below my chin. Above the chin and done right, layers are pretty good but I do have to use products to make them stand up. Just be real careful and remember that less is more with fine hair.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
skatrmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skatrmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:40pm
I have a problem with my hair, it is fine, i had a perm 7 months ago, and its still in! I swim alot in a cholorinated pool and the top layer of it is sun-bleached and the underneath is medium brown, i hate the 2-tone look, should I color all of it evenly? or is the pool going to damage it and lighten it again? please reply someone?
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 12:27pm
You could always wear a swimming cap in water - I know they don't look very nice but the water in the pool is bad for the hair.  Also there are shampoos out that can address permed hair and that which has been in the pool.  I personally wouldn't dye it though because fine hair is very fragile.  Perhaps a good conditioning treatment? Smile
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 10:20pm
I had layers before and it didn't do nothing for my hair, mine is fine and thin..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic