Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really, really, hate my hair. You?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
agatha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agatha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really, really, hate my hair. You?
    Posted: July 18 2004 at 6:00am
I don't know that this is a cry for help as much as simply a rant about hating my friggen hair. Feel free to rant along with me.

It's fine. That's ok. I can deal with having skinny, gimpy hair strands.

It's sorta wavy but can't make up it's mind. Ok. Well, no long hair for me then!

It breaks and looks like a haystack once it grows more than 3 inches. Hmm.. well, aveda makes a neat smoothing balm.. I guess.

I have cowlicks. Everywhere. And hair devoid of enough weight to combat them. Ok, well, that pretty much sucks then, especially if I need to have short hair from all this other nonesense.

I also have a really stupid looking widows peak and a weird directional flow around it that makes it a total chore to style bangs that don't part in the middle, or sweep the front of my hair across my forehead. This requires tons of product and holding my hair in place while I blow-dry the stuff stiff.

Oh, and my natural color is the shade of leftover meatloaf.

Anyone else?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2004 at 12:55am
My hair grows in strange directions in so many ways-- the bangs stick out if they're done too short or too thin, there are bits at the sides that like to stick out weirdly at certain lengths, bits at the top that'll stand up if not repeatedly coaxed down, cowlicks at the crown that are near-impossible to get to lie flat, etc. The styles I love most I can never do, because of the weird ways my hair grows, so that's very frustrating. But even more frustrating is the fact my already fine, thin hair has been getting finer and thinner over the past few years, despite trying many different things-- even Rogaine-- to try to keep it in my head. So if I don't find a way to stop it, I'll probably eventually end up having to just Matt Lauer it and wear wigs every day or something :-( . I like wigs once in a while, for a change, but I really don't think I could do it every day, especially not in summer! On top of that, I sometimes have bad reactions to peroxide, but not in any predictable fashion, so one day dyeing my hair might cause a head full of sores, while another everything might be fine. So I guess I'll either have to seek out dyes with no peroxide in them, or learn to appreciate my natural mousy-brown hair and not dye it. . . the latter of which I'd really rather not do, as I truly hate my dull natural shade. If there's anything I can actually say I like about my hair, is that it's generally very soft, unless I use the wrong shampoo or hair dye and make it feel rough, which happens sometimes. But when I use a shampoo that agrees with me and a dye that's not too damaging, it can be like silk. If there are any kind words to be said about my very crappy hair, that would be it.
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 9:29am
I really hate my hair too and I have for my whole life. I spend a ton of money on it every month and it still doesn't make me happy. I have tried every product, process, style, etc. that you can imagine and very few have done anything for me. I think you just have to accept what is and play up other features. I truly believe that Sharon Stone chopped off her hair because it was a detriment to her looks rather than an asset. She has a lovely face and baby fine, yucky hair. So she made the hair a non-issue. I am trying the same thing and I am actually happier with my hair than I have been in a long time. It is short, layered, and I sort of spike it up with hairspray. It looks OK and I can do it in five minutes. The only problem is when I wear a motorcycle helmet. Then it looks dreadful!!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 7:50am
Ogh my... If I were to cut my hair short and spikey i would look like a man!!!! I know i have tried it in desperation a few times thinking It would Help!!!!!

If you have a square face and a few extra pounds an short cut is just AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 3:41am
I trimmed my hair for the first time ever and now i cant wait for it to grow nack. It was never that long anyways. I sorta like it cos whe peopel touch it they're like, omigod! its so soft. rigth now, i just dont know what to do with the lifeless thing
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 9:28pm
hi-
i can totally relate to you- i have always hated my hair too! it was real fine and limp. I found this great gal in so cal- she does the hairlocs hair extensions-since i have been wearing them, my own hair has grown 6 inches or more! and my hair looks awesome-
here check out her website www.hairlocs.info
also check out the hair extension boards on ths site.there is hope....
Smile, it makes your heart happy......
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 6:25pm
Sorry I can't relate to it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 9:12pm
i love my hair cos its really soft and highlights easily from the sun. But........ there is nothing i can do to make it moisturised. so i have to wash eevry 2 days which isnt too bad
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 6:48pm
I liked my hair awhile ago when I cut it really short. It looked cute, but as it's starting to grow out I get this really weird part in the back. It looks so strange so every morning when it's wet i have to gel and blow dry it. It's so annoying!
danay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 6:15pm
I think that's normal. We all hate our hair...or a lot of us do. If you have curly you want straight...if you have straight you want curly. My hair is curly, and now that I have had it straightened a million times...I just want to get it back the way it was. I haven't permed in years and I won't anymore. My hair is weird...I can let it dry curly comb it out and pull it back, then after awhile it will be just kind of wavy. It's breaking off and is a lot thinner up top than it used to be.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 2:23pm
I hate mine too. Really, really hate it. Seems no matter what I do with it, I'm never happy. I'm starting to think I'm too hard on myself. Whatever. I'm about to buzz it all off. Just kidding.
asdfeyerydsf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asdfeyerydsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 6:44pm
I absolutely ABHOR my hair. I''''d love more than anything to have your type of hair right now; minus the thin part. Eh, all I want is straight, thick, beautiful hair, and I''''m stuck with an endlessly frizzy, thick, curly/wavy supply of two-bodied worms (a.k.a ''''split ends'''').

Whoop-dee-doo.
vijay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 10:53pm
hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

use almond oil for better result

For Density:-
1.Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2.Take White yoke from Egg.Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

3.Curd is a moisturieser. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Dandruff:-

1.Squeeze lemon and take lemon juice. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur
hair.

2.Take White Vinegar 50ml. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Lice:-
1.Spread Tulsi leaves on ur pillow before go to bed.keep head on Tulsi
leaves.

For YoungGreyHair:-

1. Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2. Eat iron content food or syrup.

To do this:-
1.Apply Natural Henna by paste format.leave 30min before wash ur hair.

2.Fold ur hair end with hair band. Dont use pins and clips for folding.

3.Eat atleast one egg or protein content food daily.

Dont do this:-

1.Dont dry ur hair by hair dryer oftenly.

2.Dont Brush ur hair with moisture.

3.Dont cut ur hair oftenly or improperly.

Because Straight cut makes Density, V cut makes long, Oval makes normal level

General Advice:-

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of karotine.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com
MP VIJAYKHANNA
kornisick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kornisick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:44pm
I hate my hair.

My hair is about 1 in. past the top of my shoulders. It is very fine, grows at varied speeds depending on the place of my head, and CANNOT be styled or put up without me looking like an idiot.

My friends tell me to let it grow out, it will be better once it grows longer, but I know it will get stringy looking if I do.

Sometimes I just want to attack my hair so I don't have to put up with it.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:29am
Originally posted by kornisick kornisick wrote:

I hate my hair.

My hair is about 1 in. past the top of my shoulders. It is very fine, grows at varied speeds depending on the place of my head, and CANNOT be styled or put up without me looking like an idiot.

Might I suggest a good talk with a hairstylist? Point out what you want (time spent per day, your preferred length, ... ) and ask hers/his advice. Look at some pictures together. Then leave the salon and sleep on it for a few nights. At that time you can make a sound decision.
After the decision ask your stylist how to take care of your hair on daily basis. Even do the finishing yourself in the salon. Then the stylist can point out where there's room for improvement.

My friends tell me to let it grow out, it will be better once it grows longer, but I know it will get stringy looking if I do.

Well, there's only one thing to say - is it your hair or your friends? Do they promote long hair all the time, no matter what? Then don't listen to them - they don't take of your hair every day, do they? If they are good friends, they'll respect your decision, whatever it is. And should this mean your friends don't like you anymore, well start thinking about the meaning of the word 'friend'.
Always remember: you know what's best for you - asking advice of friends is good; they can point out something you overlooked. Asking advice from pro's is better; they are not emotionally linked to you and can give their honest opinion, based on years of experience.

Keep us 'posted'
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:14am
You know your hair better than anyone. If you know it gets stringy or sticks up or does whatever at a certain length, avoid that length and go with something that works for you. If you get a good cut and learn to style it well, your friends will come around and tell you how nice it looks rather than trying to pressure you into doing what they want.

I hate my hair.

Kimmie6604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmie6604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:39am
All I can say is DITTO to everyone who hates their hair.....I too spend way too much time and money on it and it doesnt make a difference.     Oh well,,,,,Fine hair sucks.....
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:34am
No, fine hair is great. It's just not any other type of hair, and you can destroy it trying to make it be something else.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:20am

I don't care whether the strands of my hair are thick or thin, I just wish the volume of it were thicker.  Thin hair is what sucks, when you've got to worry constantly over whether everyone can see your scalp or whatever :-( .  If there were just some magic remedy for that, I could live with the rest of my hair's quirks.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:42am

Kuroneko, have you tried MSM supplements? Personally I haven't, but I know that many people report thicker hair after taking MSM. Supposedly it prolongs the growth cycle of the hair (ETA and reduces shedding).

::Hugs::

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic