Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to get rid of a perm (Relaxer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qxbgndlbesn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qxbgndlbesn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to get rid of a perm (Relaxer)
    Posted: March 06 2014 at 8:44pm
Huang Xuan is familiar with the rules of this world, and thus ugg boots sale uk know that only when their performance has a bearing of 100 dollars when borrowing 100 million dollars ugg boots uk only to yourself, therefore, sometimes, not because of love of luxury and luxury, luxury is used to show off. Beg for a bank to borrow money, is the most Xiasheng, so banks seek their own loans. Is a capitalist strength. If you are in the office, 100 million dollars at the venue apparently not frighten anyone. But here is the racetrack, when a person is willing to bet $ 100 million a Marseille when its economic situation can be imagined.
Xie Hao has a very very long way aquiline nose, and Arab -style attire geosphere face Hu and impressive. The odds are calculated by the Carlton racecourse, although Huang Xuan responsible for payment, but always easy to go through some of the racecourse. Thank you, Bob, who does not feel Hao, but the emirate of sunglasses online Dubai but not only financially amazing and extensive friends in politics, even the Cleveland Foundation, nor will easily offended. Huang Xuan shrugged bow gloves out of his pocket, slowly put their own, Aiken, who face stiff due to the strong Huang Xuan, now either win or lose, ugg boots uk are tantamount to lose.
Bob somewhat stunned. He does not know how to answer aggressive yellow declared. Aiken silent for a long time. Finally in the side and said: 30,000,000 U.S. dollars, cheap ugg boots uk only so much. So obviously a sign of weakness and not let Huang Xuan exposed proud look. ugg boots uk Can give him raise 70 million dollars. Xie Hao wrapped scarves are not very proficient in English with interruptions, and yellow fishes Alliance : I'm sorry, is in Lima field ugg boots uk ugg boots uk Xie Hao heard you. Huang Xuan and he shook hands, and said: But you can bet separately.

">http://www.bccs8.com/read.php?tid=417754&ds=1&page=e#a">

http://www.gir.free.fr/index.php?file=Guestbook

">http://www.zplvyou.com/read.php?tid=37670&ds=1&page=e#a">

cocoa828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoa828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by jasmine2g3 jasmine2g3 wrote:

The only way to get rid of a relaxer is to cut the relaxed hair. I am doing the same thing as your mom by letting my hair grow out and only use heat, but at the same time I'm gradually cutting the relaxed hair. You see the peptide bonds in the relaxed hair has been broken therefore she is left with 2 textures of hair. The relaxed part will start to shead where the relaxed and natural hair meet, especially if she doesn't keep her hair moisterized.

I'm currently doing the same thing, however, I'm not having a problem with the new growth meeting the relaxed growth and then breaking.  My situation is that my hair is extremely curly on top and ends, but the middle is just wavy. I'm not having any problems with breakage and I have did not cut my hair. The only thing I do is condition my hair, I only shampoo once in a while or shampoo with conditioner.  I use John Freida's Dream Curls and Mousse and that's it.

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:52am
She would probably do well to cut off as much of the relaxed hair as she can stand because I believe there will be a lot of breakage at the point where the natural and relaxed hair meet. That is the way my hair works in a perm. Perms are the worst for fine hair. I have tried them time and again only to find that in all the years I have been trying them (40) they haven't changed much. I think using heat would be pretty damaging too.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 8:17pm
The only way to get rid of a relaxer is to cut the relaxed hair. I am doing the same thing as your mom by letting my hair grow out and only use heat, but at the same time I'm gradually cutting the relaxed hair. You see the peptide bonds in the relaxed hair has been broken therefore she is left with 2 textures of hair. The relaxed part will start to shead where the relaxed and natural hair meet, especially if she doesn't keep her hair moisterized.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Jojo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 7:10pm
my mom doesn't wan't to cut her hair and yes she has fine hair. she said that she will stop relaxing her hair and wear some braids but i don't think that will get rid of the relaxer. when she gets the relaxer out she gonna straighten her hair by using heat not chemicals.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 2:08pm
By the very name, I don't think there any way to 'get rid' of a permament relaxer. Your hair has been dramatically altered due to chemical bonds being broken, and it can't go back to the way it was.

eKatherine is right, your mom will have to cut off her hair. Depending on the texture of her natural hair, she may be able to trim it reguarly until the relaxed hair is gone, or if the texture difference is drastic (relatively strong S or Z curl), she would probably do better to cut it off immediately, since she won't be able to comb an entire strand without breakage.

If you know, what is your mom planning to do with her hair once it goes natural? Afro, twists, dreads?
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 10:50am
Sometimes a perm will go away by itself after some time has passed, but mostly perms really are permanent. Trying to relax hair after a permanent will very likely cause lots of damage, especially if the hair is fine. You did post this in the "fine hair" forum, you know.

I recommend patience, conditioning, and small trims til the damage is gone.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Jojo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 10:00am
does anyone knows how to get rid of a perm? my mom want her hair to be natural. Thanks for any replies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic