Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Satin Pillowcases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satin Pillowcases
    Posted: February 01 2001 at 7:07am
Well, I have gotten my satin pillowcases in. These are supposed to decrease stress on the hair while sleeping. I tried the Edwin Paul Smoothing lotion and I didn`t see much change. My hair is straight anyways, I was just going to try it for the defrizz. I sent it to my mother who has wavy hair and she is going to try it and see if she can blowdry straight. I didn`t blowdry my hair for the first time in 20 years (almost) yesterday, and it looked fine!! I am thinking I will start doing this weather permitting. I have also decided that since I am getting the layers out of my hair, I am going to go ahead and let the bangs grow out. There won`t be but about 3 inches difference, so they should grow out pretty painlessly. Wish me luck, I have never been successful at growing my bangs out!!

Lisa
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2001 at 12:19pm
Reply to message: 24.142.1
Good luck with the pillowcases. My grandma has always slept on a satin pillowcase and she has great hair. I have been letting my hair mostly air dry lately and it really does make a difference. I love it.
I like layers. I look better with some light layering. I told my new stylist what my agenda was and she said that she would just shape my layers up. WRONG... Now I feel like I`m starting all over. That urks me everytime I look in the mirror! I`ve had serious thoughts of just cutting it off. I`m discouraged. I was going to let my bangs grow too, but I really do look better with bangs, so I may just let them grow out a bit and keep some baby bangs. This is hard isn`t it???!!
Well, good luck gal........Meg
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2001 at 8:12pm
Reply to message: 24.143.1
You got that right Meg. This is really hard. It has become almost a habit over the past few years to get a new look whever the whim strikes. I am still pretty sure I`ll go for the all one legnth look, even if it means having to go short to reach that goal first, then letting it all grow as one. My current cut is about to the bottom of my neck, not quiet shoulder legnth, if I do the last of the layers off, it will then be about chin legnth, or right below, but I feel like it will feel great to finally have those pesky layers off!!! My next appt. is March 13th, I`ll keep you posted.
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2001 at 8:26pm
I know that blowdryer feeling.

I wash my hair in the morning these days. too tired after working 14 hours a day to do it at night so i go to work with a wet head.

in the winter our highs are about 25-30 these days and I leave the house at 5am. my hair freezes by the time I get to my car! lol
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2001 at 11:52pm
I used to blow dry my hair religiously every morning. Hair spray, gel, the works! I remeber hating to go camping or go anywhere, if I thought I wouldn`t be able to wash and blow dry my hair. What a product of the 80`s I was! I have recently learned to let it air dry, at night. I can comb it with a wide tooth comb in the AM, followed with a quick polish from a boars bristle brush, and it styles naturally. It took a couple of weeks to train it though, but well worth it! I try to wash it every 3 days. By the 3rd day it looks oily and lousy, but when I wash it the next day it feels great. The hair oils seem to condition it naturally and gives it a good shine. It is so much quicker and cheaper to do my hair now. Now, if only it would grow, grow, grow!
Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic