Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks!
    Posted: June 20 2003 at 2:59pm
I''''m just posting this to say thanks! This is really a great idea. I''''m 14, and this September, I''''m starting High School. Personally, I hate being on a diet at 14, because food should be the last thing on a teenager''''s mind, but I know that I have SO much confidence in myself. Last season, I ran cross-country at my school, and that gave me so much confidence! Now, I truly feel like I can do anything. For a while, I thought that if I had self-confidence, I didn''''t need to worry about how I looked. And that''''s true...in a sense. But this summer, I have every intention of coming back looking 10 times better. And 8 out of that 10 will be the new self-confidence about finally looking on the outside what I feel on the inside. This summer, I''m going on the Atkin''''s diet, and walking/running 5-6 times a week, along with weights, to prepare for cross-country (3 miles! Uh-oh!), and to prepare myself for the new me!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 3:12pm
Jena,

Welcome to the board! Best of luck with your new endeavor. You are right, fourteen is young to have to be worrying about food and diet. Please make sure you eat sensibly. Atkins can be a great food plan, just please make sure you don't eat too little. Not only because that slows your metabolism and works against your weight loss goals, but also because you are still growing! Your body has special needs as a growing person, so make sure you read up on what Atkins has to say about growing people. There may be a different plan for you than for fully grown folks.

Please do consider registering for this forum, it's a wonderful board! And let us know how it's going. This is a great place to discuss your challenges and successes.

Lotsa love and luck to you,

Elissa
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic