Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atkins Diet boredom!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atkins Diet boredom!!
    Posted: July 09 2003 at 7:31pm
I need help! I've been on the Atkins diet for a little over a week and it is about to kill me. This is the most boring diet ever! I am sick of meat, salad, and green beans. I actually gave up tonight and ate about a half cup of cool whip just for something different. Is anyone out there doing this and enjoying it? If so, I need some tips on what to eat. The boredom is killing me. I am losing a bit of weight though which I haven't been able to do for the last seven years so I want to keep on with it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 8:54pm
Demo,

Congratulations on the commitment you've made.

Atkins has never been my food plan of choice, mainly because I can't live without my fruit. My very close friend was on it for several months. She liked it very much. I will see if I can get her to respond to your post. She's been on the board once or twice but has yet to post.

I remember her posting on a message board about Atkins challenges. Have you tried that?

Please keep us apprised of your experiences!

Best of luck
Elissa
[/url]

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 10:13pm
I am in my 4 week of Atkins.

I have lost 14 pounds.

And yes, I am sooooooo bored with the meat!!
But I have not once cheated.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 8:57am
Yikes JSB,
That might be a bit too thin! How do you do all that activity with so few calories? I am 5'9" and at my thinnest I was 128 and I was pretty skinny for a normal girl (as opposed to a super model). Much larger than that now, hence the Atkins diet. It is MUCH harder to lose weight when you get older. I think you can wreck your metabolism too. Be careful. The things you do when you are young can backfire on you when you are older.

Thanks everybody for your posts. Lillibeach, what are you eating? I don't see a lot of variety here.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 1:36pm
Lilibeach,

congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!!!!

Elissa
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic