Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a question from my mom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question from my mom
    Posted: July 19 2003 at 1:15pm
my mom wants to know if anyone can recommend exersices for the hips.
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 1:56pm
You can't really spot reduce..but make sure to do plenty of cardio to burn fat..when I kicked my cardio routine into gear, the first place I lost the weight was my hips and thighs.
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 7:18am
Lying on your side and doing side leg raises is a good exercise for toning the hips. Two or three sets of fifteen reps on each leg, every other day, should result in some improvement in as little as two months. Adding strap-on weights can make it a little more challenging, but they should be added to the thighs above the knee, NOT on the ankles!

It's true that you can't spot reduce, but you can spot tone.

Good luck and please let us know how she's making out.

Elissa
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 2:02pm
thank you elissa. i will let you guys know how my mom is doing
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 2:10pm
Yoga has some great hip positions~~~Hip Openers~~~Whaaa, they are the best thing....I stand all day and these really help loosen and release tension. Stretch, lengthen and tone....Ahhh baby, it's the best.
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 11:03pm
I agree with the yoga answer as well! I am taking a Yoga class for the first time, and boy....some of the strengthening poses are awesome. Infact, right now I am feeling a 'good' sore in my back around my shoulder blades and bicpes. I LOVE yoga now and am so addicted. I have my class 3 days a week for an hour each, then on the days that I do not have class I do it at home. I swear by it now, and as well...the quiet time, concentrating on breathing has been known to lower blood pressure a bit as well!!!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 9:24pm
The new Pilates classes and tapes are EXCELLENT for the hip areas.

Another is weight machines at the gym. The leg press and doing squats.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic