Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The key to dieting...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The key to dieting...
    Posted: July 20 2003 at 9:11pm
This is what has worked for me... Eat what you want, but don't eat too much of it... Eat when you feel hungry, and stop when you are satisfied (not full)... Always eat the most at breakfast because thats what gets your metabolism going for the day, and eat the least at night.... For about a week, you feel a little hungry going to sleep, but thats because you're adjusting to a new eating habbit.... But it is a LOT healthier to eat the most in the morning and the smallest meal at night... Because if food is energy, why do you need the most energy right before you sleep? you really need it most in the morning and afternoon... Also, drink milk... it helps make you feel more full... Drink lots of water... I read something that said that sometimes when people feel hungry, they are actually dehydrated and need water... Also, don't try to lose more than 2 or 3 lbs a week... I read in a magazine that if you don't think thats a lot... go get a really big tub of crisco or some other type of margerine... and for every pound you lose... take a pound out of the margerine... I know it's kind of gross, but it definately puts it into better perspective... only weigh yourself once a week... if one week you do poorly, and gain weight... don't worry about it... sometimes it is water weight, or it could be muscle weight... and sometimes you did actually gain weight... Try to stay logical rather than emotional about it... I've learned if you are really emotional about it, you will probably end up gaining weight, because you are constantly worrying or thinking about dieting and excersise... and when you are constantly thinking about food like that, you tend to eat more food... Also, excersise... I'm not saying to go out and run a mile every morning because I know I can't... But just go for a walk for 20-30 minutes a day... Doctors even recommend 20-30 minutes a day of light cardiovascular excersise... And, when I do regular cardiovascular excersise, it honestly helps me be more mentally and emotionally balanced.. I sleep a TON better, I'm usually in a better mood, and it helps calm general anxiety and stress... it's a very noticeable change... Well, those are very simple things to do, and they really have worked for me... It is the best way to do it... Because you aren't really dieting... you're changing your eating habbits and health lifestyle... They are things you should continue to do once you've lost weight... Your body adjusts to what it needs and it will tell you what it needs... like I said... if you are hungry eat... and stop when you are satisfied... those are two PHYSICAL things that are very easy to determine... if you get emotional about it, then it will be harder, because a lot of people try to eat until they are emotionally satisfied... and this is something that is never attained by eating food... you will never get to that emotional satisfaction by eating... Anyway... that is my best advice... hope it helps!
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 12:57am
thanks, amanda leigh, those are great tips.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 1:31am
that is exactly what helped me loose ten pounds.. the whole eat untill you're satisfied not full
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 1:22am
I seem to have a hard time with the eating until satisfied part :-( .  If I stop eating before I feel full, I'm ravenous like an hour later.  I might have to try to train myself, somehow, to do with less.  Until then, I just try to fill myself up with healthier foods, because a tummy full of salad is a lot better than a tummy full of cheesecake.
More awesome than a manatee!
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 11:59pm
These are very good advice.  Thanks for posting it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic