Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you all used any diet pills?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you all used any diet pills?
    Posted: July 31 2003 at 2:44am
I had a baby a year ago and still have yet to loose some of the weight that I gained from the pregnancy. It's mainly because my entire lifestyle has changed since the baby. Now I spend A LOT more time at home, which has gotten me bored and maybe a little depressed, because of that I just can't seem to stick to a diet. I think to myself, "what's the point? nobody sees me anymore anyway."
I'm 5'9 and don't own a scale but, am guessing that I weigh around 150-160. I'd like to loose some weight so that I can feel better about myself. Can any of you recomend any good diet pills?
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 12:06am
I would skip the diet pills, it can lead to a drug addiction and hurt your health.

The best way to lose weight is to eat moderate amounts of food, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, skip eating heavy fatty foods, especially pastries, pastas, potatoes and gravy, too much bread,etc. Stick to meat, fish, fruits and vegetables.

And exercise some. That is the healthy way to lose weight. Diet pills are unhealthy, a negative gimmick, a recipe for diasaster. Just another bad drug addiction.
tina
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 11:31am
The 'best' way isn't always the easiest way. When I need an extra boost with 'appetite control' I go with either Hydroxy Cut or Xenedrine but the epedra-free formulas. Used as directed get great results and no harmful side effects. Tho nothing like that would you want to use long term. But definitely want/need to incorporate some cardio either brisk walking or whatever suits your mood/lifestyle. I run 3 miles a day and work with weights about 3 times a week. Eat pretty much anything I want...all things in moderation.

Good luck!!
Mylissa
Kellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 11:51am
TrimSpa is the best that I've used. I really like it. And I've used them ALL. But Trimspa is the best in my opinion. I use it to control my weight, keep it where it's at, so i don't take them constantly, and they are NOT addictive. I think they even have an ephedra-free formula now. I have never used ephedra-free though, mine has ephedra in it. Good Luck, you can do it. I have two children and was able to lose the weight. Doesn't sound like you have much to lose if your 5'9". Again, good luck!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 8:18pm
I tried phentermine and another one that starts with a b. They are both prescription drugs that I got from one of those diet doctors but they didn't work. I didn't lose any weight at all and they made me feel funny. I can't advocate them. I think they are probably awful for you and anything that makes you feel that bad can't be good.

I am about the same height and weight as you are. We aren't exactly fat but just "big" and not where we want to be. That makes finding the incentive to do the diet harder. I have been on Atkins for about a month. I haven't lost the tons of weight that everyone else doing this seems to have but I am losing slowly. I am hoping that this will be a life change.

I did a crash diet once after having my second child (and being about this size). I lost the weight but I think I messed up my metabolism to the point that it is very hard for me to lose weight now. I lost 25 pounds in about eight weeks. And it didn't stay off forever either. If you are interested in trying that diet it was one low fat meal every day at lunch and NOTHING else except water all the rest of the day. You will lose weight but I am not sure about the long term affect.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 5:36am
Hi! I have 4 kids and have managed to lose all of my weight after the babies by exercising throughout pregnancy and afterwards. Crash diets will screw up your metabolism.
My advise to you is to find a gym -I go to the YMCA. Where they have a nursery for the baby. it iwill give you time for yourself everyday to do something good for you. Getting theis daily dose of exersize will also help with depression - this has been proven. If you can't get to a gym, then pack the baby up in the stroller, get water and healthy snacks in a backpack, put on some headphones with good music and go - walk for as long as you can go. This I did with every pregnancy and after while the babies were too small to go to they gym. It was my therapy and a great way to start the day.

Stay away from those pills. They don't work. My sister tried them all and didn't lose any weight until she started exersizing and eating right - WITHOUT the pills.

Good luck!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 7:17pm
I agree that pills are not the best way to go. There is no quick fix. Healthy eating and exercise are the best way to do it.
[/url]

preziosa_02 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preziosa_02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 11:25am
Whatever you do, do not use diet pills. I started using them about 5 years ago....got addicted, had terrible anxiety attacks that landed me in the hospital. Remember you have to want to loose weight, you have to want it, feel it, mind over matter, low fat diet and exercise is the only way to do it. I wish you the best of luck!!!!!
Frosted View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frosted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 10:31am
I've used alot of over the counter pills before an none of them did what phentermine did for me. If you want to lose weight use phentermine. I lost 60 pounds in 4 months on that drug (with exercise).

there are side effects-

the 1st week I was on it... i felt really gittery (this goes away after the 1st week) You lose alot of weight during your 1st & 2nd week on this pill. Your body gets immuned to the effects an they are less tense than before. This drug is for obese people, because they have enough muscle mass to lose 2-3 pounds per week. Also, if you have high blood pressure becareful.

Take vitamins while your using it, make sure you make youself eat enough calories (1200) atleast. (if you dont eat enough you'll feel grouchy all the time & your hair will fall out!)

for more info & other stories go to www.phentermine.com
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 5:16am
Diet pills are the work of the Devil.

(explosive laughter)

But seriously, they**** you up bad, dont ever use diest pills.
jodi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 7:58pm
you know that kind of sucks. there is SO much hype about losing weight quickly and effortlessy w/diet pills, liquids, etc. but the one tried and true method to lose pounds is eat less and exercise more?! meaning i could eat anything i want just less?! and expect to lose weight?

i've tried many diet pills too. not trimspa though. it sounds tempting, but must cost lots and comes with side effects.
luv4sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv4sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 8:11am
About 2 years ago I was on the depo shoot. I would never advise anyone to go on the that form of birth control. Well, because of that birth control I went from 5 "7" 130lb to 190lb in less then 1 year!!! I put on 60 pounds from February to December. Talk about being depressed!!!
Plus I was getting married the next year in March. I tried exercising, dieting but it's like my metabolism just stopped on me. I believe it was because of the birth control.
Well, I did not manage to loose much weight for the weeding but 2 months later a friend introduced me to phentermine.
I started taking it and with 11/2 months believe it or not I went to 190lb to 160lb!!!
When I started taking phentermine it made me feel funny but after the second day Its like I had so much energy. My metabolism started working again. I did not have any appetite for junk food/candy to tell you the truth I really did not have an appetite at all, but I knew I had to eat something and when I did eat I could not eat much. I just had a craven for water all the time.
So if you have a problem losing weight I would recommend trying phentermine for a short period.
emulov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emulov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 5:03pm
i've heard that most diet pills do not work.
my suggestion would to go jog in the park to lose pound while eating the right foods
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Frosted Frosted wrote:

I've used alot of over the counter pills before an none of them did what phentermine did for me. If you want to lose weight use phentermine. I lost 60 pounds in 4 months on that drug (with exercise).

there are side effects-

the 1st week I was on it... i felt really gittery (this goes away after the 1st week) You lose alot of weight during your 1st & 2nd week on this pill. Your body gets immuned to the effects an they are less tense than before. This drug is for obese people, because they have enough muscle mass to lose 2-3 pounds per week. Also, if you have high blood pressure becareful.

Take vitamins while your using it, make sure you make youself eat enough calories (1200) atleast. (if you dont eat enough you'll feel grouchy all the time & your hair will fall out!)

for more info & other stories go to www.phentermine.com
Wow i didnt think any diet pills worked, did you manage to keep the weight of?
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:51am

In my opinion, The old diet pills with ephedrine worked, but now that it is banned the new formulas are basically high-dose caffeine pills. The old Metabolife was awesome, but I do agree that it is not something you would want to have to be on permanently due to harmful long-term effects.

I take Ripped Fuel when I need to lose a few. It works just to take the edge off my hunger and give me a little boost since I don't drink coffee or soft drinks with caffeine and I have found that while diet pills may curb appetite, to see real weight loss results you need to cut calories and do cardio exercise 3 to 4 times a week. Everyone likes to preach about how UNHEALTHY diet pills are, but some of these same people probably drink alcohol, smoke two packs a day, and get botoxed like crazy Besides, what isn't considered unhealthy nowadays? However, I am only referring to OTC diet pills, not prescription ones since I have no experience with those. The point is, diet pills can "help" but they are not a miracle pill either. Hard work and time are still the best way to lose weight. Food/diet journaling is also beneficial for helping you keep track of what you are actually putting in your mouth and how much you are exercising. Good luck and stay positive.

flowerfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 7:45am

I've used adios but im not sure if they work i couldnt see any differnce and ended up talking about 15 a day

msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 12:39pm

All I know is I never lost ALL of my baby weight no matter what I did until I started eating right, doing Cardio and Strength training. 

It is soooo worth it though.

Good luck

msblueyes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic