Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pouchy lower stomach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pouchy lower stomach
    Posted: August 16 2003 at 7:22pm
as long as i can remember as thin as i am i've always has a pouchy lower stomach. i'm only 4'11 and 95 pds. i've notice some short women don't always have a completly flat stomach. the excerises fo the lower stomach are hard for me to do. do you think having not a real flat stomach has to do with my height at all?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2003 at 7:51am
My guess would be genetics more than height or size.

My Mom always said that it was natural to have a little poochy tummy because we are woman.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2003 at 9:02am
I would have to agree with that. I am tall and even when I was supermodel skinny I had a small pouch. It is now much larger after having two kids. I think it is just because we are women. It is maybe supposed to be there.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2003 at 6:20pm
I'm afraid it's probably genetic! But even if you have a slightly pouchy lower stomach, being thin everywhere else is nothing to be sneered at :) If it really bothers you, invest in a cute pair of knee high boots. The extra height will help balance out the part of your tummy your dislike and of course the boots will show off your very unfat legs. :D

Cait x
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 10:57pm
I've always had this problem as well. I've been working out consistently for about 4 years now (I worked out before that, just not 5-6 days a week), eating healthy about 90% of the time, and I still have a lower ab 'pooch'.

I've had 2 kids, but my lower abdominal region is about the same as before kids, and it's just never as flat as other people's abs seem to be. I'm about 5'2" and thought this had something to do with it, being that my legs seem to be longer for my height, and I'm short waisted, so I always thought this may be the reason my extra fat migrated to my middle area. I will say if I work out HARD, doing cardio (intense/high impact) daily and weights 3x weekly, that it's really barely noticeable, but it does take a lot of hard work.

Kris
Giles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2003 at 5:50pm
It is probably genetic, as I have known several skinny guys with the same problem. I doubt they had the problem because they were women, as some have suggested here. Probably just their choice of parents....
Giles
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2003 at 1:29pm
I think a little pouch at the lower stomach is just part of being human, just some people work a lot so it's flatter than normal. Pilates and cardio help me maintain my ab muscles, and I'm 4ft10in.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 4:26pm
ab muscules are hard to get! for me at least. i try doing the exercises but get dscourge and stop. dido kris about having long legs. i'm short waisted too.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2003 at 11:24am
i have a very short torso...if i wear high waisted pants (like around the belly button, where lots of pants are supposed to hit), i look like Steve Urkel!
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic