Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xtra Skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClaraBelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaraBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtra Skin?
    Posted: September 02 2003 at 9:42am
My sister is on a diet to lose a substantial amount of weight. She is doing good but lately she is depressed about excess skin. Her doc told her that she could have surgery to remove any when she is finished. She is bummed by that. So the question....are there any herbal remedies that can be applied to skin to help it naturally shrink?

If so, any suggestions would help her stay upbeat about her progress.

Thanks in advance.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 4:09am
I don't know about herbal remedies, but I do know that exercising while losing the weight will help the appearance of the skin. It won't eliminate excess skin completely, however, the skin is an amazing organ and I've seen people lose over 100 pounds and have most of their skin snap back pretty well.

After losing more than 80, I have only a tiny amount of excess skin. It's hardly significant, and not something I worry about. It's better to be a small, healthy person with a little bit of loose skin than to be unhealthy and tight.

Your sister needs to begin concentrating on how she feels, more than on how she looks. That is one of the keys to success. Too much focus on the outside never worked for me. When I worked on my "insides", the outside took care of itself and my body returned to normal.

Best of luck to you and your sister, please let us know how it goes.

Elissa
Giles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 12:28pm
Hi,

I agree with Elissa about exercise and concentrating on the inside. However, chickweed is an old herbal remedy that is supposed to tighten skin. I have seen some success with saggy skin from using it, and it is also good for weathered skin
Giles
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 8:51pm
I know someone who had gastric by-pass that donated their extra skin to organ donation. It can help burn patients.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Big J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2003 at 11:44am
You know she could work out....I heard that if you are on a diet to lose alot of weight you really got do the cardio...it tones you up too.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 3:44pm
Hi,

I read somewhere about an aromatherapy formula that is combined with a good carrier oil that will help to shrink excess skin from weight loss. I can't remember the formula but I think that it used Cypress and Juniper which is supposed to also be good for cellulite.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

I am going to do some research and if I find the recipe and people are interested I will post it here.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic