Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attention All Vegetarians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention All Vegetarians
    Posted: December 04 2003 at 7:28am

Okay, I've been a vegetarian for over three years now and love what I'm doing. The problem is I know I don't get all the nutrients I need and sometimes feel very run down and tired. I work odd and long hours so I can't plan to eat a meal that requires cooking and has enough protein. So I guess what i'm asking for are good supplements to take that would give me the needed protein and other vitamins I miss.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 9:28am
Hi Traci

I recommend de-bittered brewers yeast powder.

It contains all the B vitamins and is packed full of protein in a bio-available form.

Brewer's yeast is not an animal product or by-product.

Hope that helps.
Uzi

hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 6:47am
HI! I carry a can of soy protein powder and carton of soymilk to work....It mixes easily together and can be sweetened with fruit juice, stevia or sugar to taste great. I have one of those shake cups with the lid. Each serving gives me 32g of protein and approx 1/2 needed b vitamins. When I am at home I throw in frozen chunks of mango, banana or strawberries for extra texture and taste.

Jacquii
Giles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 9:19pm
I have sometimes used the protein powder approach, also making up a HUGE pot of beans so that I have some available for snacks helps. I find that I love aduki beans cold or hot, likewise with garbanzo beans. You still need a good source of B-12 however.
Giles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic