Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P.E. Class/Sports Bra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Temerity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Temerity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P.E. Class/Sports Bra
    Posted: August 12 2004 at 10:40am
I'm 16 and will be entering my senior year of high school in exactly two weeks. When this summer started I swore I would lose weight before the next school year. Well in the middle of the summer I dropped ten pounds but then I put about 5 back on. My biggest problem in excercising is my cup size: 36DD. I can't find a sports bra that will work, no matter what I hurt after running. I'm not obese and most people tell me I look great and shouldn't want to lose any weight. I'm 5'10 and I weigh 170lbs. I really want to drop at least ten pounds, but more importantly I want to shape up at least a little bit within the next two weeks. In PE class we're going to have to be running track, jumping around, etc and it hurts to do that. Since I know I won't lose dramatic weight for months, is there a sports bra anyone can recommend? I will take any suggestions on anything; I'm kind of desperate.
Rock Falls Girl
Rocko Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2004 at 3:07pm
Some of my friends have big chest and they wear two sports bras. I don't know if that will help, but it works for them!
elliejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 12:01am
I've never found a sports bra alone that works for my boobs... I'm 125 lbs ish and a 34 D bra size. Even with just a D cup...

However, I found I could do whatever the hell I wanted by layering a push-up bra under a sports bra. It sounds stupid, but really... it worked wonderfully. Those suckers didn't move. Push-up underwire to hold 'em in place, and a sports bra to hold 'em down. The other girls in the locker room looked at me a bit strangely, but it worked well for me.
hey girl, d'you color your hair?
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 8:19am

I feel for ya girl, im 34ddd and its just hopeless finding any nice bra let alone a sports bra. I wouldn’t recommend looseing too much weight as you will just have excess skin on ur boobs and that aint a good look.

brittney4824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittney4824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:09am
Hey everyone i was right there with you until around 2 years ago the absolute best "sports" bra i ever bought was at Kmart its a hanes brand sorry cant be of more help but they are double sided and are wider strapped. They work great btw 36dd here i would go to the hanes.com webbie and check there hope this works for you. Enjoy highschool!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:21am

I do quite a bit of sport and run every day.  I always wear a Triumph sports bra, which I find really comfortable and effective.  They are even quite pretty too and the price is fairly reasonable.  I am not as well-endowed as any of you guys, though, so I couldn't say whether the Triumph bras are equally effective in the larger sizes.

The Berlei shock absorber bras (as modelled/promoted by Anna Kournikova) are popular amongst my peers at netball and volleyball, but as they aren't available in my size, I've no personal experience of them.

Good luck - hope you find a suitable garment as it must be very painful to exercise without one.  Don't give up the sports!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 1:04am
i just checked out hanes.com but they dont have my size, here i was gettin all excited! 

Edited by Sakeenah
rockandroyalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockandroyalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 7:08pm
Im 19 and did competitive cheerleading for 10 years. I quit my junior year..But I was also went from a b to a D when i left 6th grade and went into junior high..So doing competition cheer, I was mostly a tumbler and flyer. I would layer stuff on! I push up bra like a few post above stated, and then a sports bra..(or 2) mostly a just did a bra, sportsbra, and a spaghettie strap over that..then a tee shirt..yeah it was alot..and got hot..but man it worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic