Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Body Shape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maureen Mayer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen Mayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body Shape
    Posted: October 10 2004 at 12:14am
Hi, I have a question, I'm trying to determine my body shape and I've come across formulas online, but I think I might be an hourglass. When I look in the mirror I'm big on top with full arms, my waist is smaller (not super small-I am overweight), and then my hips and thighs just pop out further. My hips and thighs are definitely bigger than my waist, and my top is bigger than my waist, but not hugely. When I was a little thinner it was really noticeable that my hips and top were bigger than my waist. Basically I want to know if I'm an hourglass based on what I've described or something else. I think I'm an hourglass when I look in the mirror. I don't think I'm an apple shape because I have a big rounded butt, big hips, and big thighs, and I believe that apples have flat butts and are generally smaller in the hip and butt region. Sorry if this is a long post but I just want to check with everyone because it seems so silly to figure out a formula when I already have a general idea what size I am. Hope to get some responses. Thanks.
HotBLKsk8rChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 4:27pm
just like determining face shape, stand almost naked in a full body mirror. have you or someone else in lipstiock trace you and you should be able to tell. if that's too vague, do bust-waistline-widest section of your hip measurement. thats what we did in modeling for kwick fitttings
they call me hbsc
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 11:28am
If you're hips and waist are 10" different or something close to that, you're probably an hourglass (unless you're much, much smaller on top and then you're probably a pear).

I think a measuring tape is more accurate than self-assessment using a mirror.

I'm 35-27-37.5 and I am most definitely hourglass.
[/url]

always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:14am
Mine says I am 36-24-34...But I always thought I was bigger bottom-wise than that. I guess because I have such small hips.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:07am

Hi!

It sounds like You do have an Hour glass figure, which is great!

Not only are You attractive(especially to men), but You're healthier than the "apple" types. The more weight one carries on top(especially the stomach) the greater risk for heart disease/heart attack.

So no worries, take care, God Bless Too!

Katie ;)
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:11am
I am not familiar with these fruit terms to describe the body; my sports' coaches say I am an "ectomorph" body type.  I think the others are endomorph and mesomorph, but I'm not sure what they mean.  I guess if I was a fruit, I would be a cuc*mber...?!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:41am

Hi,

I'm a mesomorph type. Slender athletic body type.

Hour glass would be a endomorph, or possibly a Mesomorph (like me).

The "Apple" type refers to the Endomorph type for sure. Apples are top heavy.

I am balanced for the most part. I'm in excellent health, great muscle tone, because I'm active, and I eat healthy too. Plus these "Body-types" are also genetic, so make the best of whichever "Type" You are,

P.S. I know Ectomorphs Like You Trophywife are also(genetically) slim all over, which is fine, no worries!

God Bless all!

Katie ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic