Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee bad for weightloss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coffee bad for weightloss?
    Posted: December 21 2004 at 12:50pm
I heard that drinking coffee (even if it's black) will make you lose less weight when you're dieting. Has anyone heard this too or know the real truth?
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 8:01pm
I don't know. Some of those diet places make you stop all caffine. I don't think I could give it up.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 6:31am
I've heard contradictory advice. I've heard caffeine helps with metabolism, but I've also heard it would bloat you and stuff. Not sure what to believe :-( .
I don't drink coffee, but I am fond of Diet Pepsi and tea, but I haven't been drinking as much as usual of either, mostly due to cost :-P . I've been drinking mostly plain tap water lately-- I keep a giant bottle full in the fridge. I'll only drink something else if my water isn't cold yet, or I'm sick of it and just need something else. I guess I'll find out in a while which way is better. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 11:51am

I always heard that coffee/caffeine would keep you from losing weight too, but when I saw a personal trainer and he put me on caffeine pills, he explained that if you are working out (lifting weights, running) it will  help you lose weight.  He said professional body builders have taken caffeine supplements for years.

Don't know if that helps, but thats my two cents!

msblueyes
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 5:36pm

I have heard both that is it good and it is bad.  I guess it depends who you believe and what seems to work.

One thing that really works is coffee scrubs for cellulite.  Of course you use it on the outside but it does really seem to help.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 10:38am
I have the Model diet almost... Drink coffee ALL DAY LONG, I don't know if it works. It works for models thought, but they chain smoke too. So I dunno... LOL.
Drinking coffee does supress your disire to eat however. I drink it from morning till night and I don't usually get hungary at all. So i don't eat, I merely eat becasue I have to. I don't eat cause I'm hungry because I tend never to feel it, unless I cut back on my coffee consumtion.

I think it supresses your disire to eat, cause your drinking and you feel full.

My two cents.

~* Bambi Lee *~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 11:43pm

I think drinking a lot of any low- or no-calorie beverage throughout the day will help you eat less.  Also, eating foods with a higher concentration of water helps, stuff like fruit or clear soups.

The downside of keeping yourself full on liquids, however, is that it makes you have to pee a lot -_- .  I think caffeinated beverages will make that even worse, because of its diuretic properties.  If your work or school is restrictive about washroom breaks, that might be something to consider.

More awesome than a manatee!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 10:48am
I agree Kuroneko... drinking that much caffeinated beverages does make one pee alot. I'm the pee queen. LOL. Maybe my system is really clean? LOL

~* Bambi Lee *~
glorya_cam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glorya_cam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 10:13pm

the diet i follow allows me to drink coffee - without sugar, cream or milk...i think it would not be a problem

besides, i read that drinking coffee before going to the gym helps you be more active and to stay a while longer...hmm...could that be true? after all, caffeine is a stimulant, isn't it?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic