Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CAN'T Lose Weight!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 9:58am
absolutely true...the most stupid way of trying to lose weight is to practically starve yourself, then exercise and burn off more than you have consumed that day...
not only will your body go into 'panic' 'stavation' mode and hold as many calories as possible, it will start to use muscle and eventually organ tissue to provide the calories and nutrientes you need.
having done work experience in an eating disorder clinic and seeing a girl of 13 having heart attacks from the damge she had done to her body i have to tell you...stop!
if you want to lose weight the best way is to do moderate exercise every day, drink as much water as possible, eat small ,balanced meals three times a day(i'm sure you know what is good and bad for this)and only snack on metabolism speeding foods such as melon, roast chicken , fish and nuts.
if you want a 'quick fix' for your wedding then you will be sorry later, you will fel terrible on the day and probably regain the weight two times on your honeymoon as your body 'grabs' all the things it has been deprived of.
there is no point. your fiancee, friends and family love you just the way you are and so should you!
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 2:37pm
are you sure your metabolism is ok?? i know you said that the eat 5 times a day diet doesn't work for you, but the doctor said that that was best for me. your body, when it sees that you're not getting a lot of calories in, tries to hold on to the few calories that it does get. so the less is more thing doesn't really hold true in this case.

not to mention, unless you plan on passing out or being in rehab (because your body is suffering from lack of nutrients) on your wedding day, you should start eating some food. 5'8" and 156 isn't bad at all. proportionally speaking, you're probably skinnier than me, and i'm definitely not large.

~~deb

***ps: not eating right or enough can make you teeth week, give you faint spells, discolor your skin, and MAKE YOUR HAIR FALL OUT. trust me, i know from firsthand experience. and that is NOT the way to try to be beautiful
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 1:54pm
Maybe you've seen my last (300 Cal/Day and NOT Losing Weight). ell, I'm still having that problem!! I don't eat breakfast or lunch (maybe just have a coffee) and I have a small meal for dinner (healthy food and under 600 cal. serving) and I power walk for 30 mins 4 times a week. What is wrong with me?? I went to the doc. and they said I was fine like I don't have a metabolism problem or anything.

Any suggestions??

And FYI, the 'eat 5 times a day' diets don't work for me!!
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic