Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CAN'T Lose Weight!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by moonlessbraclet moonlessbraclet wrote:

Ok Im not an expert but in the past year and a half I have lost 89 pounds. Due to the fact that when I saw a pic of myself I realized how over wieght I was. I did it the right way , natrually. Please dont starve yourself ! Eating right is a start but you have to menatlly prepare yourself that this isnt an overnight results thing. It takes time and lots of hard work. You may need to change up your workouts , eat more thats for sure. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Cut out the sugar if you can. Or at least cut back. Above all you want to be healthy !

You couldn't have given better advice for your first posting, no flim flam just healthy words to live by! Thumbs Up

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:17am
Guess a healthy diet is always best. 89 pounds lost over a year and a half is great! Shows that you've changed your eating habits.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:59pm

First off, DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST!!!  They did research (read in magazines) where they had so many people skip breakfast and so many eat it....then they switched places after two weeks.  It was found that the ones who ATE breakfast actually consumed less food throughout the day.  I eat about 4 times a day (that includes my protein shake)  If you want to lose weight your going to have to eat the right stuff, get motivated, and have lots of SELF dicaplin!!

I am 5'5 ... and 127lbs. ---19.87 body fat%

Anyways,...this is my diet and work out routine.

Breakfast:
1/4 cup of oatmeal with splenda (no REAL sugar)
3 boiled egg whites.

3 hrs later...
Lunch:
a salad which consists of spinach leaves, 5-6 oz chicken and plain vinegar as my dressing.

Afterwards I work out....

Then I come home and have a protein shake.

Wait 2 hrs
Dinner:
Grilled chicken or salmon with a 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Basically, I don't eat any fruits really.... I just have complex carbs like the oatmeal and rice. It's definetly hard to stick to! If you have a sweet craving, I like to make jello. (sugar free of course!!)

Thats all....

For my work out....

Monday: 30-35 mins of cardio...immediately followed by an ab workout
Tuesday: 30-35 mins of cardio...immediately followed by weights for my arms (tri, bi some shoulders)
Wednesday: 30-35 mins of cardio...immediately followed by weights for my legs
Thursday: 30-35 mins of cardio...immediately followed by weights for chest and back

Friday: 30-35 mins of cardio...immediately followed with a booty workout (hahaha) Yes...I really do have a day just for my butt! This still includes legs though.
Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: 12 times around the track in the hot sun (boo) Plus, up and down the bleachers

I also try and throw in a little abs daily.

Hope this helps you a little....I doubt my workout is perfect... I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I do.  You don't have to follow this...my diet is VERY strict becuase I'm trying to lower my body fat % and want to be very very toned.  But if you did do this diet and work out...I guarentee you will lose weight. 

Two more things...remember....

1.  MIND OVER MATTER! --your brain gives out before your muscles.

2.  Food is to keep you alive....its ok to treat yourself every once in awhile.... but remember treating your body good is better than treating your TUMMY!

I find great motivation at http://www.worldfitness.com They have all kinds of forums.  http://www.fitness.com/forum/

Sorry to ramble....I'm as much into fitness as I am hair hehehe

Edited by AmberJune
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic