Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have a shoe confession to make.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a shoe confession to make.
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 7:42pm
I'm so obsessed with shoes, I'm posting here before even posting a real topic in the new fashion board that I started!

So anyway: I have a shoe confession to make. I was at a giant shoe barn discount place on Friday. I tried on a pair of granny shoes! Yikes!

Now in my defense, they were VERY attractive for granny shoes. Also in my defense, I did not buy them. But it isn't that I didn't WANT to buy them. They were just like $90.

So anyway, I have to share this brand with you. Has anyone else seen this brand? It's called Soft Walk. Here's a website that sells them:
http://www.peltzshoes.com/productpage.cfm?from=tame&gender=0&brandtext=Soft%20Walk&ispecial=0&CATEGORY=0&CATEGORYtext=

I tried on the 'Twirl' style, and the 'Jupiter' mary jane style. They were both SO COMFORTABLE! Especially the mary janes. I'm just not sure what I would wear with them. I think if I buy a pair, I would go for the Alpha's, which come in black with white stitching. The store I was in didn't stock that style.

I cannot believe I just made the first post on our new shoe board be about GRANNY SHOES! Oh I am so emBARRassed!

But seriously... if you ever see this brand in a store, you must try them on to believe them.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 7:49pm
OK, This is the company website:

http://www.softwalkshoes.com
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 7:53pm
they are kind of cute with jeans.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 7:57pm
Yes...I agree. Soooooooo cute. I love, love, love Mary Janes. I saw an episode of Sex And The City where SJP was given free access to the Vogue (was it Vogue?) shoe closet and she found some Manolo Blahnik Mary Jane shoes.

I will confess that I admire the gorgeous Blahniks and the Jimmy Choos but I don't personally own a pair. There is a Jimmy Choos here in Dallas and I love to just LOOK at them. LOL.

Hugs,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:41am
Karen I've never even SEEN a pair of Jimmy Choos!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 9:44am
You know, I've never seen a pair of Jimmy Choos either, except on models in magazines.

I saw a pair of Manolo Blahniks on a lady on the subway last week. :) I wouldn't have known what they were, except she was sitting down, and they were mules and her feet were flexed so you could see the name inside. :p
I was impressed that a lady wearing such expensive shoes would ride the subway.

But I have never seen either Jimmy Choos or Manolos in a store. I obviously don't shop in the right places! *nose in the air*
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 3:24pm
There were some very cool Mary Janes in the Spiegel catalog a couple of seasons back. I'm so attracted to that lady-like 60's look, but with swingy hair, not the beehive! I wish I'd bought some, but they're a little too *uptown* for the city I live in (shouldn't have let that stop me, I know). I can't imagine what the rubes (that's mean, I know) would think of J.C. or M.B., like I could get them here!

Jean
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 7:47pm
Reese Witherspoon is Legally Blonde 2 is wearing them in a scene.

I can't wait for that movie to come out!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 12:46pm
Some of those SoftWalk shoes are kind of cute! The Mary Janes and the casual pumps.

But, the walking shoes are ooogly! Remind me of Sass, very comfortable but old lady looking.

Since I am so into comfort, I'd pay that much for a pair of shoes that will last and not hurt my feet.
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 4:04am
I would never have heard of jimmy choos or Manolo Blahniks if it weren't for Sex in the City. The best show ever by the way. I'll try to look them up online just so I can find out what's so amazing about them.

I also can't wait for Legally Blonde II to come out on DVD! I was overseas when it hit theatres in the US, and it hadn't come out yet in Europe. I never got a chance to watch it so I've been patiently waiting for over a year now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic